Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free VPN

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,773 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

In brief - it helps you cheat about your real geolocation - better prices for some services, access to some country restricted things, etc...

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=what+is+vpn&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Will this work for Amazon Prime video?
    joujoujou wrote: »
    In brief - it helps you cheat about your real geolocation - better prices for some services, access to some country restricted things, etc...

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=what+is+vpn&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,773 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Nope.

You need nothing for Irish Prime vid, any other Prime would require Smart DNS.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057771671

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,242 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just to mention that the current 6 month free VPN offer (see first post) ends in 11 hours from now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

And don't forget to sign in if you plan to use other devices or might delete the app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ok I know what a VPN and used and old one years ago.

However, havent used on in years. Considering one for HBO Max, Peacock etc... whats the best one to use? The one in the OP. I dont mind paying if one.

Then how do I use it with my devices these days. Previously I had to giggle my settings myself and was a pain in the backside, is that still the case?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ok I know what a VPN and used and old one years ago.

However, havent used on in years. Considering one for HBO Max, Peacock etc... whats the best one to use? The one in the OP. I dont mind paying if one.

Then how do I use it with my devices these days. Previously I had to giggle my settings myself and was a pain in the backside, is that still the case?

Thanks in advance

Depends on your device. I find this VPN very good for general TV viewing and it's cheap.

TheDriver wrote: »
    Depends on your device. I find this VPN very good for general TV viewing and it's cheap.

I only ever used it on my laptop around 6 years ago to watch Netflix Us and BBCiplayer. I feel that it may be more complicated to use a smart tv or tablet.... that said Ive no clue

They've an app. Get the 6 months free and try it, it's very intuitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

They've an app. Get the 6 months free and try it, it's very intuitive.

As regards VPN and security:

Could I use it on my Laptop only ( an 10 year old laptop) I use internet banking on my phone only not on my laptop so does this eliminate any risk as regards that?

(I use Revenue ROS online system in my laptop also)
    Only problem is my phone worked as a hotspot/tethering for my laptop, but it recently wouldnt failed to tether / connect to phone hotspot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,142 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    As regards VPN and security:

Could I use it on my Laptop only ( an 10 year old laptop) I use internet banking on my phone only not on my laptop so does this eliminate any risk as regards that?

(I use Revenue ROS online system in my laptop also)
    Only problem is my phone worked as a hotspot/tethering for my laptop, but it recently wouldnt failed to tether / connect to phone hotspot.

I would only use VPN for media streaming. I wouldn't have it switched on for banking or anything like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Only a month but Express VPN are giving a month free of you sign up using your Revolut card.

https://www.expressvpn.com/free_trial/rev_sm4vhdpsxwlnk5lqbwg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I would only use VPN for media streaming. I wouldn't have it switched on for banking or anything like that.

Thanks for clarifying I didnt know you could switch VPN on and off as know nothing about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭maik3n

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    Thanks for clarifying I didnt know you could switch VPN on and off as know nothing about it.
    The VPN mentioned in the OP also has extensions for Chrome/Firefox/Opera etc so you can always just use them individually rather than turning on the VPN for your computer as a whole. :D

maik3n wrote: »
    The VPN mentioned in the OP also has extensions for Chrome/Firefox/Opera etc so you can always just use them individually rather than turning on the VPN for your computer as a whole. :D

Is it easy to do on tablets , TVs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Cerco

covered.
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Is it easy to do on tablets , TVs?
    Just check the number of devices covered, No problem installing on any of the above

Cerco wrote: »
    covered.
    Just check the number of devices covered, No problem installing on any of the above

Thanks. Sorry if my questions are a bit simple, complete novice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Works well on my laptop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,752 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

beakerjoe wrote:
    Thanks. Sorry if my questions are a bit simple, complete novice

I'd imagine most would be interested in knowing this, including myself, so nothing simple about it, thanks for asking

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Sd james

Nord VPN is €68 euro for two years. €2.97 a month.

Says you get a "Gift" as well but no idea what that means

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

I got the free trial and am using it on 1 device but read today they offer up to 5 devices.

Does this stand for the free trial does anyone know?

Would be handy as have a second firestick.

I got the free trial and am using it on 1 device but read today they offer up to 5 devices.

Does this stand for the free trial does anyone know?

Would be handy as have a second firestick.

Yes. Free trial is fully functional 6 months.

Yes. Free trial is fully functional 6 months.

Sound thanks for that. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 browser 321

trial is over.
    Any other alternatives

trial is over.
    Any other alternatives

If you got the code in time the trial should be active for a few more months.

Not seen any other trials.

Seems stacksocial is the place to find deals on vpn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

trial is over.
    Any other alternatives
    If you got the code in time the trial should be active for a few more months.

Not seen any other trials.

Seems stacksocial is the place to find deals on vpn

This legit guys for $60? https://stacksocial.com/sales/keepsolid-vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription-2-pack

Looking for a VPN (Turkey) for SSportsPlus.

DeadSkin wrote: »
    This legit guys for $60? https://stacksocial.com/sales/keepsolid-vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription-2-pack

Looking for a VPN (Turkey) for SSportsPlus.

https://stacksocial.com/sales/vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription

Use code DN40 to get price to about 20

Cheers for that, one question, is there a Turkish VPN for KeepSolid? Or is there a trial license to test it out? (I've been using a couple other VPNs that have a week's trial that worked fine but are more expensive.)

There's a turkish and Cyprus which both work. I've used it fine for Ssport with only one time it wouldn't work, Ive a windscribe free 10Gb account for backup when that might occur.

• Advertisement

There's a turkish and Cyprus which both work. I've used it fine for Ssport with only one time it wouldn't work, Ive a windscribe free 10Gb account for backup when that might occur.

Cheers - KeepSolid it is!

For the free Windsrcibe 10GB account, does the 10GB reset every few months or do you just create a new account each time?

Advertisement