Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App download refusal

Options
  • 25-03-2021 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi, I want to download an App to my desktop, I have a google account on the desktop.but I keep getting the message, "This google account is not associated to a device." How do I sort that. TIA, Simon

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

What OS is the desktop?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭sjfoley

Spocker wrote: »
    What OS is the desktop?

windows 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

What app is it, where are your downloading it from, and what are you using to download it?

TheChizler wrote: »
    What app is it, where are your downloading it from, and what are you using to download it?

It's a app for AIB bank. From the play store. Desktop , running windows 10.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Are you signed in to that Google account on your android device?

The app will not be downloaded to the desktop computer. Only to the android device that you have signed into with your Google account.

Google Play Store apps will only run on android devices, not on Windows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

sjfoley wrote: »
    It's a app for AIB bank. From the play store. Desktop , running windows 10.
    You need to sign into the same Google account as your phone on the play store in your browser. This will only tell your phone to install the app though. To use it on your pc just use the AIB website.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Are you signed in to that Google account on your android device?

The app will not be downloaded to the desktop computer. Only to the android device that you have signed into with your Google account.

Google Play Store apps will only run on android devices, not on Windows.

Thanks for that. that explains it for me.

Advertisement