Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB line cost

Options
  • 26-03-2021 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

Hi. I'm i the very early stages of looking at a site on my family farm to build. 1 site I like has water connection on it but is about 400m from the nearest electricity pole. How much would it cost to bring electricity to the site or would it be even feasible to did this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Hi. I'm i the very early stages of looking at a site on my family farm to build. 1 site I like has water connection on it but is about 400m from the nearest electricity pole. How much would it cost to bring electricity to the site or would it be even feasible to did this?

We just built and I remember we were fine if we were within 500m of supply, was 2600 euros.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 46,146 ✭✭✭✭muffler

As above I believe the standard domestic installation costs around €2600. The first 3 poles are included in that price. I think poles can only span around 150m so you may have to get an extra pole. Ring the local ESB office and they should be able to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

What would the cost of 3 phase ( modest VA for domestic ) be if its already present within 500M ?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,146 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I dont believe you need 3 phase for domestic purposes.

As to the cost, I havent a clue. As above, contact your local ESB office.

Advertisement