Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing gaps in garden wall cap edging stones

Options
  • 26-03-2021 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

I am looking for some stone to fill some gaps in the wall cap edging, the size is

44cm x 11cm x 10cm

f0mvJ4.jpg

Any ideas what this stone is called when I am trying to source?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭rje66

boardtc wrote: »
    I am looking for some stone to fill some gaps in the wall cap edging, the size is

44cm x 11cm x 10cm

f0mvJ4.jpg

Any ideas what this stone is called when I am trying to source?
    Got a better pic, maybe front on?. What part of the country are you, it would probably have been sourced reasonably local to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

looks like limestone, try the nearest guys who make tomb stones, clear out the concrete on the side first

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭boardtc

I'm in the midlands
    naXGjr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

Manor Stone Laois
    Midland Stone Athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭boardtc

I checked with Midland and sent them the later frontal picture, they said it was hard to see what it is and they we would have a grey sandstone which is similar enough, we would have a piece 60cmx30cm, but I'd need to cut it to size yourself :-( I don't have a tool to cut rock cleanly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

Try Feelys in Boyle too. They do headstones too so should be able to cut it for you.

Advertisement