If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is This Pricing a Mistake?

Options
  • 26-03-2021 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Chaps,

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13375-q-acoustics-3020i-white-speakers-per-pair.aspx

Payday today and I was browsing through the site. I don't need anything as such but was thinking some new speakers might be nice. I currently have a set of Boston Acoustics A25's hooked up to a Yamaha A-S501 which is fed by a Yamaha CD-NT670 D. The other set of speakers in rotation are a pair of Wharefdale Diamond 121's.

The setup above is currently on a large desk where I work from home (I couldn't go back to the office now and not be able to hear music like this!). I suspect the speakers might be a tad deep for the current setup but..... if that price is accurate.

I think I know the answer to this question already BUT they'd be a fair step-up from the two mentioned above- wouldn't they? My speaker placing is criminal, I know, space is the limiting factor.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hey Kintaro,

long time no chat ?!?

'I don't need anything as such'

Eh' what's that got to do with anything ;) ?

The 3020i price is literally for our last pair in arctic white then the price goes back to the £219 price - but TBH the Euro pricing is prob still the way to go at just 199€ including shipping...

In terms of sound quality - they will be significantly better than the Wharfedales but those Boston A25 were actually great speakers - but with the AS501 I do think that you will really notice the difference with the Q Acoustic 3020i and they look stunning in the Arctic White!

Hope you are good and as ever keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hey Kintaro,

long time no chat ?!?

'I don't need anything as such'

Eh' what's that got to do with anything ;) ?

The 3020i price is literally for our last pair in arctic white then the price goes back to the £219 price - but TBH the Euro pricing is prob still the way to go at just 199€ including shipping...

In terms of sound quality - they will be significantly better than the Wharfedales but those Boston A25 were actually great speakers - but with the AS501 I do think that you will really notice the difference with the Q Acoustic 3020i and they look stunning in the Arctic White!

Hope you are good and as ever keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Oh you're some fecker. I don't need them, I can't easily hide them from the missus, I'll pay dearly for this. Can I have them please! Shall I use that link above or is there an alternative? The Sterling link is charging postage.

The Wharfedale's I think I'll move on but you're right about the A25's, they are a really lovely warm speaker. Certainly one I'd not willingly part with.

Many thanks,
    Liam

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Kintaro,

.mmm yep smuggling a pair of Arctic White speakers in - it just isn't going to happen!

There is £6.99 shipping on the Sterling pricing so I think the Euro pricing which includes shipping will work out a little better..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

I honestly didn't notice the BIG yellow currency switcher :o

I've just ordered a pair in Walnut as, well, white just wouldn't quite fit into the room they'll reside in. I noticed that the white & black advertised a 6 year warranty but the walnut did not- is that the case? No worries if so. Looking forward to hearing them. Their impending arrival will finally kick me into moving on the surround sound amp that's in the attic, the CD player that's in a cabinet to my right with another surround sound receiver and the aforementioned Diamond 121's.

This hobby is a trap.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

I've just ordered a pair in Walnut as, well, white just wouldn't quite fit into the room they'll reside in. I noticed that the white & black advertised a 6 year warranty but the walnut did not- is that the case? No worries if so. Looking forward to hearing them. Their impending arrival will finally kick me into moving on the surround sound amp that's in the attic, the CD player that's in a cabinet to my right with another surround sound receiver and the aforementioned Diamond 121's.

This hobby is a trap.
    Thanks for the order Kintaro!

I'll add a 6 Year Guarantee to those now for you!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

This hobby is a trap.

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Many thanks, that's very decent of you. Looking forward to their arrival.

Thanks all for a great service- yet again.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

This hobby is a trap.

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Many thanks, that's very decent of you. Looking forward to their arrival.

Thanks all for a great service- yet again.
    Hi Kintaro Hattori.

They are shipping out today and I will PM you your tracking details.

Thanks as always for the business :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.