Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview in person - Domestic travel query

Options
  • 26-03-2021 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Going anonymous as I'm going for interview Tuesday with a company based in Dublin Airport. I'm in Cabra, and will need to drive which is mostly M50 but some well checkpointed areas.

According to current restrictions people are required to stay at home except for travel for work, education or other essential purposes.

SOURCE: https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/066ce-ireland-placed-on-full-level-5-restrictions-of-the-plan-for-living-with-covid-19/

I'm not working for the crowd yet, so it's not travel for work, nor do I have a letter from my current workplace for travel. I don't want to ask place I'm going to for a formal letter, as the interview is technically 'just a chat', though I feel it'll be something I'll do a formal interview for soon after, if at all (if Im happy with the chat/offer).

Since it's just a chat though, if I come across a Guard on duty, I'd have nothing except an outlook meeting request to show for myself. Has anyone got asked by guards, on way to interviews for documentation pertaining to same?

FYI: Interviewer is an old work buddy, he's actually got vaccinated recently and I'll be masked up and keeping the distance. He's introducing me to the boss, and it's not something I'd like to do over zoom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,975 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

It's work related travel: Ask your old friend to up a letter for you, on letterhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublin Lad2021

Going anonymous as I'm going for interview Tuesday with a company based in Dublin Airport. I'm in Cabra, and will need to drive which is mostly M50 but some well checkpointed areas.

According to current restrictions people are required to stay at home except for travel for work, education or other essential purposes.

SOURCE: https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/066ce-ireland-placed-on-full-level-5-restrictions-of-the-plan-for-living-with-covid-19/

I'm not working for the crowd yet, so it's not travel for work, nor do I have a letter from my current workplace for travel. I don't want to ask place I'm going to for a formal letter, as the interview is technically 'just a chat', though I feel it'll be something I'll do a formal interview for soon after, if at all (if Im happy with the chat/offer).

Since it's just a chat though, if I come across a Guard on duty, I'd have nothing except an outlook meeting request to show for myself. Has anyone got asked by guards, on way to interviews for documentation pertaining to same?

FYI: Interviewer is an old work buddy, he's actually got vaccinated recently and I'll be masked up and keeping the distance. He's introducing me to the boss, and it's not something I'd like to do over zoom.

As far as I know if the work is considered essential then you're allowed travel but I can't be 100% certain on that, I interviewed in hospitals during lockdown in person. Regarding confirmation you could call citizen's information or your local Garda station and ask them

Advertisement