Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation for a prebuild for 2k

Options
  • 26-03-2021 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

Right, so I never pulled the trigger on pc components coming up to the Xmas and now the situation with GPUs is even worse.

I'm considering just grabbing a prebuilt/custom built machine altogether as it appears to be the only way to get the components and gpu a reasonable price. Just browsing, some machines are only a few hundred over the scalper asking price of the GPUs in them!

Does anyone have a recommendation?
    Max budget 2k but would like to come in under that if possible.
    Looking for a 3060, have a monitor but it's old and a 3060 is likely to bottleneck it do will probably have to upgrade that too.
    Will need windows OS.
    No need for any other peripherals.
    Looking for something that will last 5-6 years so probably needs to be upgradable for when the miners start selling their 3080s in a year or 2 when the crypto markets crash.(I wouldn't say no to that happening sooner)
    Machine is mainly to be used for browsing and gaming.
    All input welcome!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

GPU is the issue for sure. Needed to replace an older workstation for work today and ended up getting a Lenovo i9 10900k prebuilt on amazon.de and will take the 5700xt out of the old one. I'll get a new GPU when prices start to approach sensible again. Hopefully crypto will take a nose dive as it so often does and there will be a few good second hand options at that point.

Advertisement