Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Insurance Delay

Options
  • 26-03-2021 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Looking for advise please.

We’re in the final stages of buying a house with closing date coming up just after Easter. We were only given 3 weeks notice of close date but we (foolishly) thought we’d make it and agreed to it. No contracts have been signed and everything is ready to go except our life policy has been delayed.

Insurance company wrote to doctors for extra info & they’ve taken a long time to reply. One report has been sent back but not the other (I have followed up with dr). For the report that went back, insurance co. now looking for MORE info. Given bank holidays coming up, we’re not very optimistic that we’re going to get approval on time.

Do we just hold tight & hope for the best or do we inform the sellers there could be a delay. We don’t want to rock the boat and have the sale potentially fall through but personally if I was the seller, I’d rather know but with solicitors involved ... just don’t know what to do :(

Has anyone been in a similar situation before? Fairly freaking out now it has to be said.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 TattooedLady

Yenwod wrote: »
    Looking for advise please.

We’re in the final stages of buying a house with closing date coming up just after Easter. We were only given 3 weeks notice of close date but we (foolishly) thought we’d make it and agreed to it. No contracts have been signed and everything is ready to go except our life policy has been delayed.

Insurance company wrote to doctors for extra info & they’ve taken a long time to reply. One report has been sent back but not the other (I have followed up with dr). For the report that went back, insurance co. now looking for MORE info. Given bank holidays coming up, we’re not very optimistic that we’re going to get approval on time.

Do we just hold tight & hope for the best or do we inform the sellers there could be a delay. We don’t want to rock the boat and have the sale potentially fall through but personally if I was the seller, I’d rather know but with solicitors involved ... just don’t know what to do :(

Has anyone been in a similar situation before? Fairly freaking out now it has to be said.

If no contracts have been signed by either party at this stage I would say chances of moving just after Easter could be slim enough anyway.

Inform your solicitor of the problem and he/she will be able to advise you best as they know the ins and outs of what's going on with the sale, what your vendors are like etc

Advertisement