Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best quality headphones on ali express or best value alternative brands?

Options
  • 26-03-2021 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Hi!
    I hope you are all well!
    I am looking for a set of headphones.
    Just comfortable, good sound quality...probably bluetooth enabled....maybe some noise cancellation...

Could any of you recommend an ali express model or basically a model that gives you the best quality for the price?

I appreciate your advice,

A

Comments

Forget all that cheap rubbish on those types of sites. Look into the Sony CH700N's or similar budget options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Arequipa

Thanks for the reply...
    I have read that brands like a pow, Anker and Tritbit have very good headphones... any of you used these brands?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Forget all that cheap rubbish on those types of sites. Look into the Sony CH700N's or similar budget options.
    Nonsense. If you are willing to pay the same you can get very very decent headphones on Aliexpress etc. Maybe even better at a cheaper price.
    But overall, euro for euro delivered you would get similar quality, there is just much more options.

Excellent headset, but it is wrong to dismiss so many others without having even looked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭con747

Bought these for the OH last year and great sound + battery life. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mpow-Cancelling-Headphones-Bluetooth-Cellphone-Black/dp/B082WD1QNL/ref=sr_1_16?dchild=1&keywords=Mpow+Wireless+Headphones&qid=1616963120&s=electronics&sr=1-16 Anker is a good brand and I have a few of their wireless speakers which are excellent.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Morning.. thanks for the feedback..
    I have read some good reviews of the Mpow headphones...

A lot of reviews say that noise cancelling is not the best at this price point...ie you need to spend a lot more for decent nc?]

• Advertisement

Arequipa wrote: »
    Morning.. thanks for the feedback..
    I have read some good reviews of the Mpow headphones...

A lot of reviews say that noise cancelling is not the best at this price point...ie you need to spend a lot more for decent nc?]

Noise cancelling is good but not what you would get with high end products. For the price of the Mpow it's a good value option. Amazon are great with returns so you can try them and send back if not suitable.

Okay.. thank you..so mpow or anker!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

Thank you xtal...
    I have read good reviews of these Anker Q30's....
    Would these be about the best quality you can get for approx €75?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

Thank you xtal...
    I have read good reviews of these Anker Q30's....
    Would these be about the best quality you can get for approx €75?

I honestly dunno if you can get better at that price, heres a good comparison to the Sony XM4s though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

I can't recommend the Mpow H12 enough
    Great sound and comfort

Mpow h12.. thank you

Thanks for the video comparison!

Any of you try Bluedio headphones?

Mpow h12.. thank you

Thanks for the video comparison!

Any of you try Bluedio headphones?
    I would not recommend bluedio
    Check out El jefe on YouTube

Suckit wrote: »
    Nonsense. If you are willing to pay the same you can get very very decent headphones on Aliexpress etc. Maybe even better at a cheaper price.
    But overall, euro for euro delivered you would get similar quality, there is just much more options.

Excellent headset, but it is wrong to dismiss so many others without having even looked.

I would presume that if someone is looking at headphone's on Aliexpress they aren't going to be paying €100 for headphones. Maybe €30. And cheap headphones imo are rubbish.

Just buy from Argos, Amazon, etc.

Mpow h12 40 euros amazon
    Money well spent

smilerf wrote: »
    Mpow h12 40 euros amazon
    Money well spent

I think these are the ones I have.
    I think I paid £45 after hitting a £15 off button.

The only complaint is that a lot of sound leaks out.
    Which is more of a concern for others than the user.
    Also they dont turn off when idle so you need to make sure you dont leave them on.

ANC, I find I haven't had to use when out as the general seeling blocks out external sounds as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I would presume that if someone is looking at headphone's on Aliexpress they aren't going to be paying €100 for headphones. Maybe €30. And cheap headphones imo are rubbish.

Just buy from Argos, Amazon, etc.
    Cheap headphones are often/can be rubbish, but not all. People do definitely pay €100+ (much higher) on aliexpress etc. that doesn't mean that they are good either.
    The higher end usually come with taxes paid and DHL shipping etc..
    But.. I guessed the OP meant brands that are often seen on Chinese sites, but yep I would agree definitely better to buy from source or Amazon, Argos etc.
    Didn't mean to be as dismissive as my previous post came across. I just meant that there are plenty of recommendations in the better value range.

Thank you for the replies...
    I think I have my mind set..for now.. on the Anker Q30 headphones...they seem to be a quality, good value headphone.. probably as good as you can get before moving up in price to the Bose, Sony's of this world....

A lot of people are sceptical of Ali Express...I have bought a range of products from ali...
    Generally my experience has been quite good with r
    Them...
    If you buy cheapo copies of say sunglasses.. well that is what you will get..
    But if you are prepared to pay a bit more.. there is some quality stuff on ali.. i bought good quality bike components from them and even recently some quality runners, socks etc..
    Their app and customer service is good and efficient.. on a couple of occasions, when I had issues.. i got full refunds.. no problem😉😊
    Saying that, I do plan on buying Irish and local, if and when I can..

I have a few Anker Soundcore wireless bluetooth speakers for years and other Anker products, so if the Soundcore Headphones are as good you can't go wrong. Anker punch well above their weight and give the high end brands a good run for their money IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭AllForIt

xtal191 wrote: »
    I honestly dunno if you can get better at that price, heres a good comparison to the Sony XM4s though

Wow, Oluv really trashes the Sony's there. I tried then on in Harvy Normans and they really are of very high build quality, but if the sound is rubbish it's silly paying that much for them just for the ANC.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001625122784.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.5a0a7dddUbmKsj&algo_pvid=9a9e1eff-6d02-4a87-9adb-35be819ac385&algo_expid=9a9e1eff-6d02-4a87-9adb-35be819ac385-1&btsid=0bb0623c16179101886454816eb602&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

The Anker are available on alli a tenner cheaper than Amazon but you'd have to wait a month for them, but free post as well.

edit: says you can charge for 5 minutes and get 4 hours playback! Can that be right!

• Advertisement
Advertisement