Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deer licence PLEASE SEE POST No37 FOR UP DATES

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ESetter

Got mine today..dated 13th April 2021 and valid until 31st July next!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

ESetter wrote: »

Same here, expiry date is July 31st. No much good as that's when my current licence runs out. Looking like another pile up come 1st September.

ESetter wrote: »

Same here, expiry date is July 31st. No much good as that's when my current licence runs out. Looking like another pile up come 1st September.
    So the question is
    'Do we have to now apply for another hunting licence for next season'?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Sounds like a misprint for the Dated from ..... part.

Mine is "Dated 1st day of August 2021" and "ending on the next 31st of July".

The part about ending on the next 31st of July is what your license always says.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

clivej wrote: »
    So the question is
    'Do we have to now apply for another hunting licence for next season'?

Your good to go for the up coming season. The licence was applied in respect of the 2021/2022 season.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately I have just received confirmation that some deer hunting licenses issued to date were issued in error.
    The NPWS will continue to issue licenses but these will be dated 1st August 2021.

All incorrectly dated licenses will be reissued.

Unfortunately I have just received confirmation that some deer hunting licenses issued to date were issued in error.
    The NPWS will continue to issue licenses but these will be dated 1st August 2021.

All incorrectly dated licenses will be reissued.

So these are not worth a toss.
    Any one that had a licence for last year is already good until 31st of July this year.
    Like most people that have applied l was wanting a 2021-2022 deer season hunting license.
    Yet another feck up by the government.

Mines dated from 1 at August 2021 so they're not all incorrect. Probably depends on who in the NPWS worked on which batch.

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Mines dated from 1 at August 2021 so they're not all incorrect....

Yes, hence the amendment to my last post. Some were printed with the date that the licence was printed instead of the 1st August.
    So if your license says 1st August you are ok. Either way they will replace any ones printed in error.

Also did anyone notice that the deer season dates are not printed on the back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ESetter

Hopefully they will all be sorted now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭corelokttikka

There seems to be a lot of panic ?

There seems to be a lot of panic ?

Meaning on 'our side, the stalkers side'.

Panic, no, concern yes.

Several years ago there was an all mighty feck up by the NPWS in the issuing of DHL. Last year, they could have been forgiven some what in the initial handling of licence processing and issuing but they let is slide into a cluster .....
    Unlike other Government Departments they did nothing but sit back on thier haunches and qoute regulations, no extension to licenses, no top cover or proactive statements or actions on thier behalf.

Any hiccup to the norm is now being viewed with suspicion and mistrust because over the last few years we have seen direct and permanent changes to various hunting licences or practices or inept roll out of new policy.

Couple the above with the appointment of Green Party Minister of State Malcolm Noonan a self confessed committed vegetarian and animal rights activist as the Minister of State for Heritage and Electoral Reform who has the NPWS now in his portfolio, you could be excused if paranoia was setting in.

I personally went along with everything last year thinking sure it will be alright on the night, it was the end of October when I got my DHL and late November by the time others I stalk with got theirs.... all applied for in March of that year.

I see your point. My point was that it’s still early.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you ;)

Amended license arrived in the post today, dated 1st August 2021.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Seen a copy of a notice floating around that the NPWS are receiving multiple applications from the same people. Either duplicate e-mails or by e-mail and post. Also forms not correctly filled in, etc.

They're saying that if you don't get a notification e-mail NOT to send it in again as they simply haven't gotten to it, and to check spam, promotion and other e-mail folders for the notification.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

To confirm Cass's post.
    Instructions from Wildlife Licensing Unit
    1. Double check your application is completed in full with no errors before emailing or posting it in to NPWS, sending in two or three versions of your application can lead to your application being issued on foot of the first application received or it being returned to you for amendment when you have already sent in another version.
    2. Don’t send your application by post and by email, please choose one method.
    3. Don’t send your application in by email more than once. If you have sent it in then you will receive an automated acknowledgement email, if you don’t receive this email check other folders first to make sure it didn’t go in there such as spam, promotions etc. Sending in your application 4 or 5 times by email is causing confusion, delaying the processing and it may result in errors.

I can see their point, but you can't blame lads been over cautious after last year.

You also can't blame lads when they seemingly weren't set up to give email confirmation receipts in the beginning but went ahead and told everyone to send in their applications anyway.

Well, done mine last night. In no rush so waited till the "surge" died down. Had to give returns of 0 due to not being able to travel all last season. Got a response immediately so we'll see.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Sent my application by post a few weeks and got the licence today.

On the end of it I see a condition I never noticed before "This licence is only valid for hunting deer on foot with firearms. Hunting deer with the use of dogs for the purpose of tracking and carcass recovery is permissible."

Is this a new thing?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

No. It was on last years and the years before it.

Anything other than "foot stalking" requires a separate license (usually section 42). As for dogs its actually listed as either best practice or a necessity that you have access to/have a dog for tracking wounded animals.

What happened last year ?

For renewals?

It turned into a mess with the reduced staff at the NPWS. Some lads got their licenses in August as normal, but others did not get their one until well into the season. October i believe.

This year they made it all electronic but the option for paper renewals which must be downloaded instead of being posted out to you.

Linky.

On the end of it I see a condition I never noticed before "This licence is only valid for hunting deer on foot with firearms. Hunting deer with the use of dogs for the purpose of tracking and carcass recovery is permissible."

Is this a new thing?

Quick check of the archive ,known by my wife as the clutter pile, a 2015 license says the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I hope she appreciates your foresight in knowing that would come in handy some day.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Advertisement