Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a passport photo taken in .TIFF/.RAW format?

• 26-03-2021 8:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2

I want to get a passport photo taken (but not for a passport, for a job interview online) and the website says that applications with high quality photos will be appreciated.

Although I've gotten good photos taken before for my passport, it seems that they were only 500kb-1mb. The website supports uploading photos of up to 10-15MB.

Is there any passport office in Dublin that could take the photo in a lossless format and save it onto a USB flash drive? Would it be more expensive than the typical €10?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

By high quality are you sure they mean high resolution or just high quality in terms of quality of the photo itself?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 gammaradiation

wonski wrote: »
    By high quality are you sure they mean high resolution or just high quality in terms of quality of the photo itself?

high resolution?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

high resolution?

The size of the file defines the resolution of the photo rather than the quality of said photo is what I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

I wouldn't waste 10MB submitting a passport photo for a job application. By definition, passport photos are intended to be bland and unimpressive. You'd be better off getting a proper portrait specifically for this kind of thing.

I have a set, done a few years ago, that's a mixture of head shots, head-and-shoulders and upper body, in standard def (1.5MB) and high res (5MB) - nothing like my passport face.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

why do they need a high quality photo for a job application?

• Advertisement
Advertisement