Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stove recommendations/ help

• 27-03-2021 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

I have a new build with a 20kw boru stove.
    The room is quite small that the stove is in. Its about 5.5m x 4m and its too warm. The boru is supposed to be putting 4kw to the room. When I contacted boru they didn't know if the 4kw was average or maximum they hadn't a clue.
    So I burn a small fire and don't turn it down. It still gets too warm and the glass smokes up and not very good at heating the rads coz I can't put on a good fire.
    Anyone have a problem like this and how did they get around it.
    On a new build with a room that size some stove sites recommend as low as 2.2kw.
    I think the stanley tara boiler stove is something like that to room, has anyone any experience of it?
    Or should I block of the plumbing and fit a stove without a boiler. Gutted if all the extra plumbing would be wasted but at the minute the stove is an ornament.
    Would something like a clearview pioneer 400 be more controllable and be able to turn the heat down better?
    Sorry for the long story but I need to explain the background.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

ltec wrote: »
    I have a new build with a 20kw boru stove.
    The room is quite small that the stove is in. Its about 5.5m x 4m and its too warm. The boru is supposed to be putting 4kw to the room. When I contacted boru they didn't know if the 4kw was average or maximum they hadn't a clue.
    So I burn a small fire and don't turn it down. It still gets too warm and the glass smokes up and not very good at heating the rads coz I can't put on a good fire.
    Anyone have a problem like this and how did they get around it.
    On a new build with a room that size some stove sites recommend as low as 2.2kw.
    I think the stanley tara boiler stove is something like that to room, has anyone any experience of it?
    Or should I block of the plumbing and fit a stove without a boiler. Gutted if all the extra plumbing would be wasted but at the minute the stove is an ornament.
    Would something like a clearview pioneer 400 be more controllable and be able to turn the heat down better?
    Sorry for the long story but I need to explain the background.

I have a boru 12k boiler in a room a little smaller than yours(4.5 x 4),its perfect for the room.Its supposed to give 4k to the room and i would say it does so its strange that your stove is 20k and also gives 4k to the room.I think this is a mistake and i think your stove gives a lot more than 4k to the room.
    The only thing you can do is turn off any rad in the room.
    A small 4k or 6k nonboiler stove would suit that room better or the 12k boru boiler which will heat about 8 single or 4 double rads

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ltec

Is your house a newish house well insulated or an older house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

ltec wrote: »
    Is your house a newish house well insulated or an older house?

Its an old house that has been insulated so the stove that I have would be too warm for my room if I was in a new build.

Advertisement