Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on Irish Inquiry news?

Options
  • 27-03-2021 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Paddy223

I seen a new news publication that has grown a lot during the Pandemic called the Irish Inquiry. What exactly is the deal with them?

I see some of the things they have shows about or post about are worthy and fair topics in relation to politics and COVID. There is also some high profile figures interviewed but there is also some shady figures in some of their interviews aswell. Also some of the comments under their posts in relation to covid are somewhat nearly all Q related.

So I guess what’s the deal with these guys, are they quite a balanced independent news publication that are just falling into the trap of having the odd COVID denier supporting them as sometimes their balanced views become aligned with these people’s ideologies or they more similar to those Anti lockdown Ireland pages?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BnB

Ha ha ha. Hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Never heard of them.

The greatest % of real estate on their homepage is the 'SUPPORT US'.

For that reason, I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,930 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Paddy223 wrote: »
    I seen a new news publication that has grown a lot during the Pandemic called the Irish Inquiry. What exactly is the deal with them?

They’re like Gript (who have also seen considerable growth during the Pandemic), pretty much the same content, only difference being the layout of the site. This for example -

FOUNDED ON THE PRINCIPLES OF FREE SPEECH AND NATURAL JUSTICE.

A trustworthy and transparent media organisation, fully funded, owned and managed by the public, facilitating discussion and debate amongst great minds on issues of critical importance.

And then they have a podcast interview with Dolores Cahill.

That tells me more than I wanted to know about them really. Not my bag, but if that’s what you’re into, fire away.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Paddy223

They’re like Gript (who have also seen considerable growth during the Pandemic), pretty much the same content, only difference being the layout of the site. This for example -

FOUNDED ON THE PRINCIPLES OF FREE SPEECH AND NATURAL JUSTICE.

A trustworthy and transparent media organisation, fully funded, owned and managed by the public, facilitating discussion and debate amongst great minds on issues of critical importance.

And then they have a podcast interview with Dolores Cahill.

That tells me more than I wanted to know about them really. Not my bag, but if that’s what you’re into, fire away.

Well I know Dolores Cahill has been talking sh*t this whole Pandemic and lot of stuff she has said has been proved wrong. Personally I’m not into al that crap but, was just kinda curious how they operated because some days they had TD’s on and then other days it’s some mad person on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement