Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mahon House

• 27-03-2021 2:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi All

Just wondering has anyone had any experience of living in Mahon house, Upper William St and what it was like?

Property there is quite cheap but after googling I seen an article from 2013 with residents complaining of drug use in the building.

Has anyone had any more recent experience of the building? Also is there any car parking facility for residents?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 odeamichael

I heard from a previous resident about regular drug use on the stairs and the corridors and that a fire that was deliberately started there. He moved out after that as he didn't feel safe. My guess is it's still a very troubled block.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Hi All

Just wondering has anyone had any experience of living in Mahon house, Upper William St and what it was like?

Property there is quite cheap but after googling I seen an article from 2013 with residents complaining of drug use in the building.

Has anyone had any more recent experience of the building? Also is there any car parking facility for residents?

Thanks
    There was an issue with drug abusers getting access to the building but I hear a new management company is in place - M&C, I think- and security has been greatly improved. As far as I know there is no residents car park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

the apartments are nicer than the ones around Mount Kennett and nicer than newtown house as well IMO

still would not be seen as a desirable place to live , i wouldnt rule it out , good value

Advertisement