Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilcairn Court Navan

Options
  • 27-03-2021 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭

Can anybody tell me what this estate is like a friend of mine is looking to purchase a house there and I wouldn't be familiar with Navan at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

Fiona wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me what this estate is like a friend of mine is looking to purchase a house there and I wouldn't be familiar with Navan at all.

It is a fairly quiet estate of nearly 200 houses built in the late 1970's. Many of the original residents still live there along with a good number of young families. There is a good community spirit, with a residents association that has become fairly active in recent times. It's a twenty minute walk to the centre of Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kccamper

While I don't know much about the estate itself, I am familiar with the area. I pass through it on my way to work and seems quiet and settled. A new path has been opened up along the old railway line behind the estate coming out near the Trim road. There are plans to add a cycle lane along the Trim road all the way into Navan town centre, eventually joining the Ramparts path so that might be of interest to your friend. There are two primary schools withing walking distance, a Gael scoil and a community national school. The Ardboyne is really close for a meal / drink / coffee post covid. The rugby club and tennis club are a stone's throw away and have great underage set ups and certainly the tennis club is great for beginner adults too. Best of luck to your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Estate is one of the oldest in the town, it used to have a bad rep but thats all but eroded. Its well located too right beside the rugby club and Ardboyne hotel. They've also installed a path to the Trim road which is great if you want to go for a walk.

Advertisement