If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New TV

Options
  • 27-03-2021 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Looking for a new tv, no specific use case really will be used for a bit of everything.

I'm being told I have to keep it under a 65 inch and was hoping to spend about a grand total on getting a tv and a soundbar, soundbar doesn't have to be anything too fancy just needs to do a decent job and be compatible to be controlled by an Fire TV remote as the offbrand one I use at the moment isn't and it annoys me that I need to use a seperate remote for it.

Any particular suggestions would be much appreciated, looking to pull the trigger asap

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi folks,

Looking for a new tv, no specific use case really will be used for a bit of everything.

I'm being told I have to keep it under a 65 inch and was hoping to spend about a grand total on getting a tv and a soundbar, soundbar doesn't have to be anything too fancy just needs to do a decent job and be compatible to be controlled by an Fire TV remote as the offbrand one I use at the moment isn't and it annoys me that I need to use a seperate remote for it.

Any particular suggestions would be much appreciated, looking to pull the trigger asap
    Thanks for the post Brian201888,

If you're looking for a bundle around that budget I would recommend the Philips 65PUS7805/7855 which would be a fantastic 65" TV. It has a local dimming panel with Dolby Vision and smart features. It also has the ambilight but this can be switched off if you're not too fussed on it! Most other TVs around that price will have an edge lit panel so will not have as good colour and contrast as the Philips:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204844-philips-65pus7805-7855-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

For a soundbar I would recommend the Yamaha YAS209 which sounds amazing, has built in Alexa and learning TV volume when connected via HDMI:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204376-yamaha-yas209-black-soundbar-with-alexa-built-in.aspx

Let me know what you think of these options!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.