Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for Club Dj's

Options
  • 27-03-2021 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

I've been thinking for a while now of getting back into club djing. I would have used cds and vinyl on a basic pioneer cd deck or 1210's. What kind of set up is the standard now in clubs? Do djs use laptops with controllers or are there still a majority loyal to cds or vinyl? Is a hard drive of tunes an option?
    Any input would be greats lads and lassies ðŸ‘

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

If your name is anything to go by I see you've been a club DJ already. Very popular back in the 90s when it was all vinyl.
    I think now-a-days it all depends on the club. Most bigger, decent ones will have 1210s and CDJs but to be safe check ahead and have your own gear ready if needed.
    Most sound engineers just want a set of XLRs. They don't really care what is at the other end.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭JDigweed

Brilliant thanks. Been ripping my old cds for use with usb ports on cdjs, Id prefer that to the controller/laptop set up. The kids are a bit older now so I've time and the bug is there again!

Advertisement