Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixel 3a from Vodafone on Eir - WiFi calling?

Options
  • 27-03-2021 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Confusing title but hopefully simple question.

I've a family member using a Pixel 3a from Vodafone. WiFi calling is not appearing as an option.

Two chat sessions later and Vodafone Support have not been able (or are unwilling) to activate WiFi Calling.

Now - if I port their number to Eir can anyone confirm that WiFi calling will then work on the handset?

Or in other words - is anyone using WiFi Calling on a Pixel 3a from Vodafone using a billpay Eir SIM?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

long_b wrote: »
    Hi all

Confusing title but hopefully simple question.

I've a family member using a Pixel 3a from Vodafone. WiFi calling is not appearing as an option.

Two chat sessions later and Vodafone Support have not been able (or are unwilling) to activate WiFi Calling.

Now - if I port their number to Eir can anyone confirm that WiFi calling will then work on the handset?

Or in other words - is anyone using WiFi Calling on a Pixel 3a from Vodafone using a billpay Eir SIM?

Thanks!!

I had the 3a on Eir billpay and the wifi calling wasn't available. I bought a Samsung S20 FE 5G and wifi calling worked straight away.

Someone had the same query regarding the 4a not working on Vodafone wifi calling also. Sheds some light on the issue

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058170757/1/#post116645719

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Thabks for that - very informative.

It's not encouraging that Vodafone couldn't even enable WiFi calling on their own handset on their own network.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

And the answer is.. no.

Tried the Eir SIM in the Vodafone Pixel and the WiFi Calling settings didn't appear.

Advertisement