Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PH Test different in certain part of my garden

Options
  • 27-03-2021 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi Guys .I got a PH test kit and in certain areas of my garden the reading is as low as 3 .Then 6 to 7 in other sections .Will anything grow at 3 PH .Is it worth sowning anything in those sections .The garden was dug and fertilised evenly. Thanks in advance

Comments

cityboyjim wrote: »
    Hi Guys .I got a PH test kit and in certain areas of my garden the reading is as low as 3 .Then 6 to 7 in other sections .Will anything grow at 3 PH .Is it worth sowning anything in those sections .The garden was dug and fertilised evenly. Thanks in advance

Fertilize with lime to lower the acidity(increase the pH a bit), and then things that like high acidity(low pH) should do great! I wouldn't give up on the area. The low pH could be due to good drainage in that area, so pick plants that like water. Mint could do well IMO.

Advertisement