Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three people escape from quarantine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,199 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Which they knew about before they left.

The country is traumatised feck sake.

They knew what would happen so very hard to have sympathy

More fool they are for coming here.

I suppose she expects the HSE to roll out the red carpet like they did for the other gullibles who believed the HSE bullsh1t, answered the call and (unsurprisingly) got let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,443 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

theguzman wrote: »
    I have a better idea, lets make all arrivals wear yellow star badges and march them into the gas chambers, oh wait! There is a particular sick cohort of begrudging in Ireland that would nearly go to such depraved extremity now against anyone who dares go on a plane.

Jesus, that didn't take long. Would you like a cheese board to go with that whine?
    Grow the **** up, you live in absolute luxury, not the Warsaw ghetto.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,913 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

cajonlardo wrote: »
    It is in no way embarrassing for the Defense Forces. The Defense Forces are not tasked with restraining people in quarantine and they have been ordered not to attempt to detain people.

So who is responsible for detaining them? Cos detention is what quarantine means.

I have no idea why the defence forces are there to start with :confused:

They get transported on a coach why do they need a convoy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

So who is responsible for detaining them? Cos detention is what quarantine means.

As I posted it's a private security firm who call the Garda if they have problems heard it on the news yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

volchitsa wrote: »
    You realize if they were going the other way they'd have had the same thing and that this has been the case for months, right? Why would it be less traumatising for Australians going back to Australia than for the Irish? Not to mention this family will presumably have known what the situation was, or they should have.

She’s complaining about 3 beds for 5 people, If she doesn’t want to share a bed with her husband and 2 young children can’t share a double bed, that’s hardly the hotel's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

basill wrote: »
    Oh my god. I hope they don't mix with anyone that has driven down from Belfast.

This is why making people quarantine like this is so pointless. Plus the fact that if Ireland hits its vaccine target 78% of the adult population will be vaccinated in the next 100 days or so.

Might have been useful a year ago, too late now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    She’s complaining about 3 beds for 5 people, If she doesn’t want to share a bed with her husband and 2 young children can’t share a double bed, that’s hardly the hotel's fault.

To be fair the hotel is empty, they deserve a bed at a minimum

• Registered Users Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

You realize if they were going the other way they'd have had the same thing and that this has been the case for months, right? Why would it be less traumatising for Australians going back to Australia than for the Irish? Not to mention this family will presumably have known what the situation was, or they should have.

The hotel rooms in Oz would have been a hell of a lot better for a start, based on the conditions of what I saw on the news today.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,994 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

e99e9ba25eace7702c256656e16bba52.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

Nobody is responsible for detaining them.
    Gardai are to be called to " deal" with anyone not in compliance
    No point asking me any further because that is all I know - not being a smart alec, genuinely do not know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Valhallapt wrote: »
    To be fair the hotel is empty, they deserve a bed at a minimum

Put a child in a room on their own? I’d rather my children together than split them up, it’s hardly a hardship for two kids to share a double bed, she’s making it sound like they’re all on top of each other in a single bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,384 ✭✭✭volchitsa

The hotel rooms in Oz would have been a hell of a lot better for a start, based on the conditions of what I saw on the news today.

But we know they weren't entirely honest in the conditions they showed. It's a four star hotel FFS, how bad can it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,506 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

They'll probably announce in a few days that 20 people actually escaped but there was a delay in releasing the numbers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

I have a better idea, lets make all arrivals wear yellow star badges and march them into the gas chambers, oh wait! There is a particular sick cohort of begrudging in Ireland that would nearly go to such depraved extremity now against anyone who dares go on a plane.

Where’s the begrudgery? You think I can’t afford the ticket? I could comfortably pay for several luxury holidays to anywhere on the planet this minute. But I won’t. Because I’m not a tool.

The rest of your post is hysterical shíte. Dragging the Shoah into this is beyond imbecilic.

But we know they weren't entirely honest in the conditions they showed. It's a four star hotel FFS, how bad can it be?

From what I saw on the news it looked cramped, kids were just lying there miserable in small beds, no space really between beds, a tiny round table with 2 chairs. And the woman also complained about the getting let out for exercise situation.
    People will need to travel for different reasons, and this is just the start of the horror stories on this, and it’s only day 1. Considering the price this family has paid for their 2 weeks hotel stay I would expect the conditions to be a bit nicer.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

People need to wake up and realize we are in the situation we are in due to a corrupt Government and the fact that the EU is controlling all facets of the vaccination programme. A nurse returning from Australia or an immigrant from South America is not the problem, the problem in our own politicians and their corrupt buddies in the trade unions who have turned the HSE into the worst type of farce you couldnt imagine. If you gave a group of consultants a job and told them go and make an absolute disgrace of a health system and waste money like no tomorrow then they could not do a good a job as the HSE are doing of wrecking everything.

Godwins law, you lose. Thanks for playing though!

Do you have a list of laws we should and shouldn't follow? Does it vary, or is it set in stone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

But she gave up her home and work in AUS to come home to help us.

"Michelle O'Dowd, who returned to Ireland with her husband and three children from Australia, to work as a nurse in the health services here"

From what I saw on the news it looked cramped, kids were just lying there miserable in small beds, no space really between beds, a tiny round table with 2 chairs. And the woman also complained about the getting let out for exercise situation.
    People will need to travel for different reasons, and this is just the start of the horror stories on this, and it’s only day 1. Considering the price this family has paid for their 2 weeks hotel stay I would expect the conditions to be a bit nicer.

But you already know that what you saw on the news wasn't the truth. There were two interconnecting rooms, and there were (presumably, in a four star hotel) wardrobes to hang up their clothes.

The photo was a set up. More fool you if you fall for it.

(I know people who had to go back to China for work: they had to pay more than that again, albeit for a five star hotel. So maybe four str isn't good enough, but it will be more expensive if it's five star.)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,519 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

People need to wake up and realize we are in the situation we are in due to a corrupt Government and the fact that the EU is controlling all facets of the vaccination programme. A nurse returning from Australia or an immigrant from South America is not the problem, the problem in our own politicians and their corrupt buddies in the trade unions who have turned the HSE into the worst type of farce you couldnt imagine. If you gave a group of consultants a job and told them go and make an absolute disgrace of a health system and waste money like no tomorrow then they could not do a good a job as the HSE are doing of wrecking everything.

De gubber ment did me rong boss.... Me u man rites n all

• Advertisement

But you already know that what you saw on the news wasn't the truth. There were two interconnecting rooms, and there were (presumably, in a four star hotel) wardrobes to hang up their clothes.

The photo was a set up. More fool you if you fall for it.

We will see who the fool is within 1 week from now. And the fool will be you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Is this really a horror story? Because it looks an awful lot like a good old whinge to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭appledrop

They have two rooms!!!!!!

It's all staged by media. Irish Times gave a better video where second room is clearly shown.

The best bit is where the mother opens the empty!!!!!!!! wardrobes.

Here's a tip for them, pick your clothes and suitcases off the floor and put them in wardrobes.

What a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

cajonlardo wrote: »
    It is in no way embarrassing for the Defense Forces. The Defense Forces are not tasked with restraining people in quarantine and they have been ordered not to attempt to detain people.
    It's embarassing for everyone involved.
    The system is only up and running a day and already it's exposed as a farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

I have no idea why the defence forces are there to start with :confused:

They get transported on a coach why do they need a convoy?

It's probably one of the Defence Forces coaches being used.

Edit: Just saw a photo and it appears to be a private one. I guess the DF are being used as a deterrent to encourage people to not try and get off before they get to the hotel.

"Michelle O'Dowd, who returned to Ireland with her husband and three children from Australia, to work as a nurse in the health services here"

So? People aren't allowed to travel at all to Australia without good reason, such as relocating your family. She 's not coming to work for free is she? The same rules apply to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

So she should be exempt from the rules because she is a nurse?

We will see who the fool is within 1 week from now. And the fool will be you.

I'm keeping this for future reference, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,199 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It's embarassing for everyone involved.
    The system is only up and running a day and already it's exposed as a farce.

We can't even run a quarantine here without a Keystone Kops style routine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

sonofenoch wrote:
    A nurse returning from a place that's had 1 covid case in a year if forced to quarantine despite a negative test? .....how many of the 1000's of Brazilians flying in will get the same treatment, how very Irish

She didn't fly directly to Dublin without stopover. Even if she did, she could have picked up covid 19 on the plane

Advertisement