Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish family appeal mandatory quarantine..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Rathmines bedsit from the 70's?

Sure, how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,618 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I honestly think the media is setting the family up, there's not a single statement from them that doesn't drip entitlement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭sporina

my my... people are soo quick to judge,.. those of you who criticise, have ye even stopped to think for a sec how you would feel if you were in their situation? I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

sporina wrote: »
    my my... people are soo quick to judge,.. those of you who criticise, have ye even stopped to think for a sec how you would feel if you were in their situation? I doubt it.

Self entitled?
    Stupid now I hope.
    Would ashamed be too much to hope for?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I would feel it was my decision to come home via Dubai knowing I had to quarantine with my three children . I would feel I knew the consequences and suck it up

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I would feel it was my decision to come home via Dubai knowing I had to quarantine with my three children . I would feel I knew the consequences and suck it up

they only got 50 hrs notice of the quarantine..

she's not looking to get out of quarantine... just somewhere with more space

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭NSAman

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    ^^^some fcuking arseholes on this thread, 5 people in those rooms for two weeks, after that journey, me bollcoks, and she came back to become a nurse here, fcuk that, I'd be back on a plane, over that treatment

Off ya go then. Enjoy quarantine in the country you came from.

Nurse, bin man, CEO...doesn’t matter Dems de rules!

She would have quite a bit more space if she tidied up and stacked the cases .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

She would have quite a bit more space if she tidied up and stacked the cases .

And throw out the 2 empty 2litre coke bottles on the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

astrofool wrote: »
    I honestly think the media is setting the family up, there's not a single statement from them that doesn't drip entitlement.

Ha setting them up? They're digging their own hole to be fair. The media are just giving them an audience.

The entitlement is strong in the mother. Id say she's a neck like a jokeys ar$e, so any ire she receives from Joe public will be water off a ducks back anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'd be grateful. She knew that quarantine in Ireland was on the cards for the last few months and that she would possibly hit it. She knew what sort of 'conditions' quarantine were. She complains anyway. :rolleyes: She wasn't given conditions any different to what anyone else is getting, if she wanted more space she should have paid for an extra room.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Well they might set up car park for them so. Plenty of space to exercise. And of course big table and enough chairs to accommodate them. Christ that family is moaning over basically nothing. People have to suck up much more at times.. ZERO sympathy in this case.

Somebody who knows them might send them link for this thread.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Well they might set up car park for them so. Plenty of space to exercise. And of course big table and enough chairs to accommodate them. Christ that family is moaning over basically nothing. People have to suck up much more at times.. ZERO sympathy in this case.

Somebody who knows them might send them link for this thread.

I'm sure she's googling herself to see how much of a splash she's made. I'd be mortified turning up to the first day in my new job if I was her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

How much notice did we get that the country was going into lockdown? I think she can cope with it for 12 days!

How much notice did we get that the country was going into lockdown? I think she can cope with it for 12 days!

Told at 12 pm that schools were closing at 5pm . Parents scrambling with child care for the morning .

Told at 12 pm that schools were closing at 5pm . Parents scrambling with child care for the morning .

I know parents with special needs kids have had little to no respite over the last year. Really hard year for some families.

lol hardly comparing like with like there..

As you can see, she can't. Imagine the hell she's going through, husband and three kids in 2 rooms, and no trampoline in sight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,879 ✭✭✭✭zell12

xhomelezz wrote: »
    As you can see, she can't. Imagine the hell she's going through, husband and three kids in 2 rooms, and no trampoline in sight :D
    The horror!
    giphy.gif

We have had a year of rolling lockdowns. She came from a country doing really well with their numbers and is moaning about 12 days in two rooms. I think her room was upgraded to a suite since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

astrofool wrote: »

I thought that to until I heard they've being upgraded to a suite & the hotel are providing a birthday cake

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

That's true. We've had it for a year now. She's hardly two days in the country.

Antares35 wrote: »
    That's true. We've had it for a year now. She's hardly two days in the country.

awe jaysus.. they are in quarantine - we are not! I don't have the time or inclination to list the differences :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

awe jaysus.. they are in quarantine - we are not! I don't have the time or inclination to list the differences :rolleyes:

Ah go on :)

Antares35 wrote: »
    Ah go on :)

We are here all night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Boo fcukin hoo. She knew damn well what she was coming back to, if she doesn’t like it, fcuk back off to Oz. She’s an adult, life is hard sometimes, fcukin deal with it.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

4 * quarantine with a birthday cake on the top of it, happy days. But if they not happy I have wooden shed at the back of the house a bit of grass around as well, free to go for the unhappy.

We are here all night!!

lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

It will probably cost them over 5k, a lot of money, I'd be raging too

• Advertisement

Oranage2 wrote: »
    It will probably cost them over 5k, a lot of money, I'd be raging too

Nobody force them to go that route..

Advertisement