Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish family appeal mandatory quarantine..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Nobody force them to go that route..

That's true but the ticket was likely bought before the forced quarantine.

Not saying it's right or wrong but I'd be fuming too if I were to travel home and Ireland just put the country I live on on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Oranage2 wrote: »
    That's true but the ticket was likely bought before the forced quarantine.

Not saying it's right or wrong but I'd be fuming too if I were to travel home and Ireland just put the country I live on on the list.

They knew about quarantine, they knew the price, their choice. Simple.

They knew about quarantine, they knew the price, their choice. Simple.

Relocating your family across the world isn't simple. I think this thread is very harsh on them because the woman is having a slight nervous breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Relocating your family across the world isn't simple. I think this thread is very harsh on them because the woman is having a slight nervous breakdown.

Is that your official diagnosis? Have you any idea how many people in Ireland have suffered with mental health issues over the last 12 months? Survivors of sexual abuse, whose recovery has been arrested by lockdown (check out the stats on 1 in 4), domestic abuse victims, we don't even know the full figures for children suffering domestic abuse who for a long time didn't have school as an only outlet or escape. But this woman is having a slight nervous breakdown over a birthday cake. I won't be shedding tears for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Antares35 wrote: »
    Is that your official diagnosis? Have you any idea how many people in Ireland have suffered with mental health issues over the last 12 months? Survivors of sexual abuse, whose recovery has been arrested by lockdown (check out the stats on 1 in 4), domestic abuse victims, we don't even know the full figures for children suffering domestic abuse who for a long time didn't have school as an only outlet or escape. But this woman is having a slight nervous breakdown over a birthday cake. I won't be shedding tears for her.

People in care home with no visitors for over a year. People who cant attend funerals . People in hospitals with no visitors . People struggling with children with special needs and no respite
    People who haven’t seen new grandchildren . The list is endless
    People are at the end of their tether and are really not in position to feel sorry for this whinging

• Advertisement

I get it. But having slight nervous breakdown, nope, not buying it at all. Is she and husband old enough to make decisions? What did she expected, red carpet to 5 bedroom apartment? Only 12 days max., they'll survive without any mental damage, don't worry. They just trying to milk out a bit of this mess. Imo, attention seekers, that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭volchitsa

What's a "slight" nervous breakdown?

Not a nervous breakdown at all? Throwing a tantrum?

volchitsa wrote: »

Not a nervous breakdown at all?

It's when you rock up to your home country and get hit with a 5k bill. It's a lot of money and I could see many people pissed off in a similar situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Speedline

It's when you rock up to your home country and get hit with a 5k bill. It's a lot of money and I could see many people pissed off in a similar situation.

How is it 5k?

Not a nervous breakdown at all?

Instructions for nervous breakdown: Grab your phone and start recording full and open suitcases and after that, have a nice detailed shot of empty wardrobe. To maximize effect put few paper bags anywhere you want and contact the media. Have a paper tissues handy.

Edit: Count the chairs and tables properly before the meltdown.

Oh and don't forget to video your bored kids, that's a win for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Not a nervous breakdown at all? Throwing a tantrum?

Unfortunately her tantrum got her what she wanted opening the door for other tantrum throwers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

When you voluntarily choose to
    move across the planet to your second house you kept and now whinge that it will cost you money AND you will have to obey the countries rules because you chose ( as a medical professional( to drag tour children and yourself through an extremely high risk country who countries all over the world have strict embargos on. Including our own.

If Tulsa were any good they’d be on this.

Who brings 3 kids from an entirely safe, pandemic free part of the world and BRINGS them through a country with a rare and highly infectious new strain, to land them inna country rampant with the incurable virus, and them wants them to be let out???? Parenting much?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

This mother is making the situation worse for her family. Any photo I’ve seen the kids are sitting around with their heads stuck in their phones. It’s going to be a long quarantine for them

move across the planet to your second house you kept and now whinge that it will cost you money AND you will have to obey the countries rules because you chose ( as a medical professional( to drag tour children and yourself through an extremely high risk country who countries all over the world have strict embargos on. Including our own.

Who brings 3 kids from an entirely safe, pandemic free part of the world and BRINGS them through a country with a rare and highly infectious new strain, to land them inna country rampant with the incurable virus, and them wants them to be let out???? Parenting much?

Maybe this had something to do with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OicIkoJxIK4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭bloopy

There is a whole herd of high horses all over this story.
    We now have detention on arrival and a Garda operation to find someone whose crime was to fly into the country.
    And people say there is no slippery slope.

Are you drunk?

"BRINGS them through a country with a rare and highly infectious new strain"

You mean an airport connecting flights corridor? For 45 minutes?

bloopy wrote: »
    There is a whole herd of high horses all over this story.
    We now have detention on arrival and a Garda operation to find someone whose crime was to fly into the country.
    And people say there is no slippery slope.

It's no crime to fly over. You just follow the rules of whatever country you land in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭carveone

Speedline wrote: »
    How is it 5k?

According to the website linked to from the appropriate gov.ie page (http://www.quarantinehotelsireland.ie/), it's 4735 euro for the 12 nights. That's nigh on 2800 euro a week. I presume the hotel isn't spending that on security, considering...

Edit: I just picked a date at random so maybe that number varies a bit. Still, considering the state of the hotel industry at the moment, it sounds great value for money. Not.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,201 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

What was simple was staying the fcuk where you were until this blows over.

What was simple was staying the fcuk where you were until this blows over.

Life goes on, and there are plenty of reasons why they might have come home now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,080 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Are you drunk?

"BRINGS them through a country with a rare and highly infectious new strain"

You mean an airport connecting flights corridor? For 45 minutes?

Only takes 15 minutes to transmit the virus

The family came from Perth, they knew they were transiting through a red listed country and they knew they'd be quarantined on the way in to Ireland so I don't see the basis for their appeal or why they didn't just transit through a country not on our quarantine list or use one of the many many loopholes built into the system

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Life goes on, and there are plenty of reasons why they might have come home now.

And that’s grand, just would be nice if they just got on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,808 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I get it. But having slight nervous breakdown, nope, not buying it at all. Is she and husband old enough to make decisions? What did she expected, red carpet to 5 bedroom apartment? Only 12 days max., they'll survive without any mental damage, don't worry. They just trying to milk out a bit of this mess. Imo, attention seekers, that's all.

They made the room look like crap on purpose too I reckon. Stuff thrown everywhere and all the suitcases all over the floor and all the food sprawled out, has she never heard of putting one thing on top of the other. The one and only wardrobe she moaned about had nothing in it and I bet the second room had a fridge and wardrobe too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Only takes 15 minutes to transmit the virus

The family came from Perth, they knew they were transiting through a red listed country and they knew they'd be quarantined on the way in to Ireland so I don't see the basis for their appeal or why they didn't just transit through a country not on our quarantine list or use one of the many many loopholes built into the system

I don't get why they didn't just rebook the flights? Go via Qatar. Would cost a few quid, but it wouldn't be as bad as paying 5K to stay in a hotel room for the guts of two weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LilyShame

High horses! High horses! This whole thing has lost its plot. What if her 13 yo reads this, the boards mafia tearing their mother to threads.

@.

This mod needs to close this one down.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,526 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

LilyShame wrote: »
    High horses! High horses! This whole thing has lost its plot. What if her 13 yo reads this, the boards mafia tearing their mother to threads.

@.

Having children isnt a human shield to public criticism when you put yourself into the spotlight...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

@.

:D

13 year old might ask the mother why the fcùk she made the video.. Well I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,808 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

@.

She could try not putting the whole thing on video and sending it off to the media if she is worried about her 13yo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭bloopy

@.

There is now a large cohort looking for someone to blame and are jumping on any perceived troublemaker as the Enemy. Doesn't matter who and it doesn't matter in what context. The witches must burn and there is a fair few people who want to be at the head of the mob.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,508 ✭✭✭✭ted1

@.

Mom will admit to being an eject. Margaret Cash would be proud of her

Advertisement