Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish family appeal mandatory quarantine..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Speedline

LilyShame wrote: »
    High horses! High horses! This whole thing has lost its plot. What if her 13 yo reads this, the boards mafia tearing their mother to threads.

This mod needs to close this one down.

No need to speak about the family like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭carveone

What was simple was staying the fcuk where you were until this blows over.

According to the CIF, there are now thousands of skilled construction staff leaving the country. Should they stay where they are for what, another year, another few lockdowns? If I was a skilled crane driver being offered a pile of money I'd be saying "make me".

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

High horses! High horses! This whole thing has lost its plot. What if her 13 yo reads this, the boards mafia tearing their mother to threads.

@.

Won't some one PLEASE think of the children :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,808 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

bloopy wrote: »
    There is now a large cohort looking for someone to blame and are jumping on any perceived troublemaker as the Enemy. Doesn't matter who and it doesn't matter in what context. The witches must burn and there is a fair few people who want to be at the head of the mob.

Actually most of those mobs are attacking the students, travellers and now schools which are all groups easily singled out by "normal" people. I would say this woman is definitely viewed and views herself in the "normal" bracket

• Registered Users Posts: 25,808 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

carveone wrote: »
    According to the CIF, there are now thousands of skilled construction staff leaving the country. Should they stay where they are for what, another year, another few lockdowns? If I was a skilled crane driver being offered a pile of money I'd be saying "make me".

It's completely their choice to leave as it was this woman's to arrive.

But if those skilled staff leave and then cry into their phones about the rules of leaving that is a different story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

@.

Their mother was the one who brought attention to their situation.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

@.

I'd say the 13 year old is mortified. One of the kids ducked out of the way of the camera when she was videoing, clearly not comfortable with being on camera but she kept recording and sent it into the media anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Halenvaneddie

The detention in these places will be found to be unlawful by any solicitor worth their salt imo

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

@.

People have become very sanctimonious. Basically we have given all our freedoms away.

Thia woman must be very dejected. I have sympathy for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

The detention in these places will be found to be unlawful by any solicitor worth their salt imo

How do you work that out considering many legally qualified people drafted the legislation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Pelezico wrote: »
    People have become very sanctimonious. Basically we have given all our freedoms away.

Thia woman must be very dejected. I have sympathy for her.

Move in with them so, to show support. No spare chairs there tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Halenvaneddie

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    How do you work that out considering many legally qualified people drafted the legislation?
    Everything else done by this government is half arsed

xhomelezz wrote: »

Why would I move in with them? People have become very cruel. Paying €6k to return to your own country is tough.

They are a young family so money is unlikely to be flush.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

colm_mcm wrote: »
    And that’s grand, just would be nice if they just got on with it.

I don't disagree with the quarantine, but we all have to admit the price is scandalous, it's 150 a night, that a premium price for a hotel stay and these 'guests' have no use of the facilities.
    I believe a 60-70 euro option should be available.

This family will be forced to pay 400 euro a day. That's a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

xhomelezz wrote: »

They were upgraded to a suite so they might have one now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I don't disagree with the quarantine, but we all have to admit the price is scandalous, it's 150 a night, that a premium price for a hotel stay and these 'guests' have no use of the facilities.

It's less than Australia is charging their own citizens for hotel quarantine.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

They three meals a day too .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Pelezico wrote: »
    Why would I move in with them? People have become very cruel. Paying €6k to return to your own country is tough.

They are a young family so money is unlikely to be flush.

As you can see, they flush money no problem. The only problem they have is, accommodation is not up to their standards and not enough space to exercise. And don't forget they are adults and they had a choice to travel or not to. They did travel, so...where the hell is a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They’re presumably getting breakfast lunch and dinner and whatever else they need for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭NSAman

If ya think this is complaining.... if that option came in... you’d hear joes whine line hopping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭carveone

Completely agree. The tourist industry is in bits and a pre-selected group of hotels still get to price gouge. Perhaps it would be interesting to know how the four hotels on the quarantine list got to be there.

And booking.com shows far more appropriate places, yes, at similar premium prices but if you are going to be gouged anyway... Metro Apartments at Dublin Airport would have been 2400 leaving you only 2300 euro for food for 12 days. I think I could scrape by on that :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Australia charge $3000 per adult - equivalent of about €2000
    Looking at their rates, overall it would cost about €5000 for the 5 of them. So roughly same as here...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

I just pity whatever section she'll be working, sorry saving, in nursing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I would feel it was my decision to come home via Dubai knowing I had to quarantine with my three children . I would feel I knew the consequences and suck it up

They might have booked well in advance. It is not that easy to fly over half of the world these days.

I'm not saying they are crystal clear, but the high horse brigade here is disgusting. We suffer so others should suffer more is all I am hearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,526 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

grogi wrote: »
    They might have booked well in advance. It is not that easy to fly over half of the world these days.

I'm not saying they are crystal clear, but the high horse brigade here is disgusting. We suffer so others should suffer more is all I am hearing.

Suffering! Theres a feckin pandemic on and all thats asked of them is to quarantine in a hotel for 2 weeks.

I have experienced worse conditions in a wet week in a caravan in Courtown with a family of 4.
    Some people dont know what suffering is if they find this intolerable.

Ride your own high horse into the sunset if you are so easily disgusted.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

grogi wrote: »

That is right. People are on their high horse.. it is joy at someone else's misfortune.

All the better because they were in Australia probably earning the big money. We will show them and make them hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

Well this thread rapidly became a place for angry isolated people to vent their righteous indignation at a family with young children for their perceived wrongdoing. I wonder what could be causing all the frustration.

Divide and conquer working excellently, the government don't need to do anything as we tear ourselves apart in the next two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    They three meals a day too .

Yeah but nearly all the airport hotels in that range would cost the family of 5 2500euro including breakfast. That makes it 35euro a meal per person twice a day. These meals better be spectacular at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yeah but nearly all the airport hotels in that range would cost the family of 5 2500euro including breakfast. That makes it 35euro a meal per person twice a day. These meals better be spectacular at that price

True enough . I wonder are there any cheaper options ? Or is it the only hotel available ? I mean a single person with no kids might be willing to be in a cheaper hotel ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Tough for them, but they must have had a fair idea what they were coming back to.

All I can think of is to say them, stfu, it's two weeks, the world is suffering, get over it. Stop Whingeing.

Advertisement