Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish family appeal mandatory quarantine..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

maxsmum wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone here has children. Can you imagine it? And I don't think there are direct flights from Australia or New Zealand to Dublin. So you're all being harsh in my opinion.

I have grown up children and grandchild I havent seen because they know the deal and stayed put until we are in a better place . I wish I could hop on a plane to see them but I know the deal and made my decision based on information

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

whats the story why diddnt they produce a negative result did they pay the 2k any details

will yere wan be on the late late show in 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LilyShame

Jaysus....I think all that happened here is they have left a largely unaffected Perth. With 3 kids its not great. But I think her being a medical worker might be why she's peeved off. With the response she's getting from you lot...she's aswell off going back to Perth. The judgements!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭appledrop

volchitsa wrote: »
    Mine too - it's his birthday today - second one in quarantine. Great. Apparently they came back so the kid could have her birthday in Ireland : how the heck did she think they were going to celebrate a birthday in Ireland these days? I bet she was planning a party, selfish b...

It's crap isn't it? Last year I said ah well it's only 1 birthday but here we again. He hasn't seen his grandparents since Christmas, they are so upset about missing his birthday again.

Meanwhile this one decides to move her family across world during a pandemic and complains she can't do as she likes.

She should have stated in Australia because even when finished their quarantine sounds like she won't be able to hack Irelands Covid 19 restrictions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

LilyShame wrote: »
    Jaysus....I think all that happened here is they have left a largely unaffected Perth. With 3 kids its not great. But I think her being a medical worker might be why she's peeved off. With the response she's getting from you lot...she's aswell off going back to Perth. The judgements!!!

If she goes back to safe Perth she'll have to suffer another quarantine. That's why it's safe...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

I wonder if anyone here has children. Can you imagine it? And I don't think there are direct flights from Australia or New Zealand to Dublin. So you're all being harsh in my opinion.

I know I've got a 10 month old nephew that I haven't held yet and only seen through a computer screen, so you'll have to excuse the lack of sympathy for someone taking selective photographs of something that they knew they would have to do to tug on peoples heartstrings.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

LilyShame wrote: »

where, ironically, she'll have to do a mandatory two week hotel quarantine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Acosta

volchitsa wrote: »
    Quarantine. Has been for all of last year. That's why they have almost no cases. I wish to christ we had done it last year right at the very start, we wouldn't be in the situation we're in now.

Yeah. Provided you forget about that open border we have with another country up the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

jackboy wrote: »
    She didn’t do herself any favours saying she hadn’t enough room to do her yoga😂

Poor woman.
    I guess they returned home to escape the harsh Australian winter.

whats the story why diddnt they produce a negative result did they pay the 2k any details

Dubai is a hotspot, so tests are not accepted. You could have your negative test on the ground and catch Covid on your flight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

From rte website:
    "To say I was shocked as an understatement. There's two little chairs around a tiny table in each room and there's five of us.

"We can't eat together, one of my daughters sat on the floor and myself and my husband sat at the table and the other two were sitting on the bed in the other room."

3 of them couldn't sit in chairs because they only had 4 chairs for 5 people...

And there are clearly 3 chairs in each room in the photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

Jeez, everyone here is just choosing what they think are harsher ways they've suffered in lockdown. Everyone's suffered. I feel really sorry for her. I think it's sad nobody else does.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This is a very good quality hotel. Hotel rooms are generally small. Not everyone can avail of the penthouse suite

The rules were there. All that is being asked is the family follow them. A couple of weeks and they can have their lives back.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭cal naughton

Should have flown into Belfast. Rookie mistake

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

"And we havent unpacked our luggage becuase we have no where to put it..."

*proceeds to open an empty wardrobe right after*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Jeez, everyone here is just choosing what they think are harsher ways they've suffered in lockdown. Everyone's suffered. I feel really sorry for her. I think it's sad nobody else does.

The reason nobody has any sympathy for her is because her whinging is entirely without merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,574 ✭✭✭jackboy

I think it is sad that anyone would feel sorry for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

where, ironically, she'll have to do a mandatory two week hotel quarantine

And the Australian courts will laugh at them and tell them f&ck right off. As they should.

Yakult wrote: »
    "And we havent unpacked our luggage becuase we have no where to put it..."

*proceeds to open an empty wardrobe right after*

And walks past two more wardrobes five seconds later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Acosta

I can understand their frustration, but they obviously didn't understand the rules properly and will just have suck it up now. At least they'll be able to go outside for exercise. I don't think you're able to do that in Australia. If she decides to go the Joe Duffy route she will be a bit of a land if it's a wave of sympathy she's expecting.

• Advertisement

I have a 6 month old granddaughter I have not seen , or held , or cuddled , or bathed , or rocked to sleep . Sorry if I don’t feel sorry for the family that will be out in 2 weeks to get on with things

• Registered Users Posts: 23,529 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

ceegee wrote: »
    From rte website:
    "To say I was shocked as an understatement. There's two little chairs around a tiny table in each room and there's five of us.

"We can't eat together, one of my daughters sat on the floor and myself and my husband sat at the table and the other two were sitting on the bed in the other room."

3 of them couldn't sit in chairs because they only had 4 chairs for 5 people...

And there are clearly 3 chairs in each room in the photos.
    Yup.

This was my favourite bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I have a 6 month old granddaughter I have not seen , or held , or cuddled , or bathed , or rocked to sleep . Sorry if I don’t feel sorry for the family that will be out in 2 weeks to get on with things

So it's OK for me to say, sorry mate, I haven't seen my family in 7 months, I win?
    We can all have a bit of empathy. No point losing our economy, our sanity AND our compassion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,574 ✭✭✭jackboy

Acosta wrote: »
    I can understand their frustration, but they obviously didn't understand the rules properly and will just have suck it up now. At least they'll be able to go outside for exercise. I don't think you're able to do that in Australia. If she decides to go the Joe Duffy route she will be a bit of a land if it's a wave of sympathy she's expecting.

Exactly and it really seems that it is just her that is apparently stressed. The others in the room seemed pretty chilled.

So it's OK for me to say, sorry mate, I haven't seen my family in 7 months, I win?
    We can all have a bit of empathy. No point losing our economy, our sanity AND our compassion.

I dont win anything actually . Unless you think not seeing my granddaughter is winning something . Jeez 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Should have flown into Belfast. Rookie mistake

Yes, I can't understand why they didn't do this, there must be thousands coming in via Belfast and the ferries, this is why mandatory quarantine is a complete farce with the massive elephant in the room that is the border.

It really annoys me when tax income is squandered. She should just leave and go home with her family.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭SteM

Yes, I can't understand why they didn't do this, there must be thousands coming in via Belfast and the ferries, this is why mandatory quarantine is a complete farce with the massive elephant in the room that is the border.

It really annoys me when tax income is squandered. She should just leave and go home with her family.

What tax income? The family are paying 6k for the hotel rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭anndub

I have children. Much younger ones. She needs to get a grip. Complaining that two of her children have to share a double bed and their suitcases are on the floor. Cry me a river. Predictably the footage is solely of the smaller room and cuts of quickly as we almost reach the large span of open space in the larger room 🙄
    It's hasn't been advertised as a 5 star holiday.

She's in for an awful shock on her first day back to work as a nurse when she sees the conditions in Irish hospitals

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

will yere wan be on the late late show in 2 weeks

Negative test doesn't matter if you are coming from a designated State.

“Obligation on certain persons coming into State to quarantine in designated facilities in certain circumstances"

38B.
    (1) Subject to regulations made under section 38G(1)(g)(i), this section
    applies to a person
    , other than an exempted traveller, (in this Act
    referred to as an ‘applicable traveller’)—
    (a) who, on or after the commencement of this section, arrives in the
    State having been in a designated state at any time within the
    period of 14 days prior to such arrival

Whereas
    part B deals with those coming from countries not on the list but without a negative test.
    (b) not being a person to whom paragraph (a) applies, who, on or after
    the commencement of this section, arrives in the State—
    (i) having been in a state which is not a designated state (in this Act
    referred to as a ‘non-designated state’) at any time within the
    period of 14 days prior to such arrival, and
    (ii) without the result of a RT-PCR test as defined in, and in
    accordance with the requirements of, any regulations made
    under this Act.

United Arab Emirates is on the list
    https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/b4020-travelling-to-ireland-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/#designated-high-risk-countries-mandatory-hotel-quarantine

Designated high risk countries: Mandatory Hotel Quarantine
    Travel to Ireland from specific countries designated high risk is now subject to mandatory hotel quarantine. This must be pre-booked in advance of travel.

These arrangements apply to any passenger who has been in any of these countries in the previous 14 days, even if only transiting through one of these countries and even if remaining airside.

These arrangements also apply to any passenger who is travelling on to Northern Ireland.

It is important to note that the list of designated states will be subject to change at short notice and passengers are required to check the list before travelling to Ireland, to be sure of their obligations.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

whos paying their 2k or anyone forced into it if you dont have it

Advertisement