Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish family appeal mandatory quarantine..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭volchitsa

sporina wrote: »
    Q did they know about the mandatory quarantine situation before they departed or was it only announced during their journey?

In any event, I still think its v harsh - like if they cud do the same at home in their own house then why not.. the poor kids.. I just hope they all get along..

She was planning on celebrating her daughter's birthday in Ireland. Does that sound like she was going to do the same at home? Not to me it doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Q did they know about the mandatory quarantine situation before they departed or was it only announced during their journey?

In any event, I still think its v harsh - like if they cud do the same at home in their own house then why not.. the poor kids.. I just hope they all get along..

Yeah hopefully they'll all survive endless suffering in hotel rooms and in the meantime parents might grow a bit of brain, instead of recording video showing their own stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭Masala

What do they need... they are a family of 5 with 3 young kids. Hardly looking for a room each are they??

5 x years away and decide to come home to Ireland and first thing they do is COMPLAIN.....!!

FFS... why didn't they just stay in Aussie and moan over there. If that is what we can expect from returning Irish ... we have enough problems without you whinging to the Press. A reality check is what these people need..... just **** off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

At least they have the Ireland Luxembourg match on TV to pass the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

They way that's been going so far, they'll have no bother getting off to sleep anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭baldbear

The press absolutely love this story. It feeds on people's anger. Keeps people talking. They would have been wise to keep quiet and suck it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

baldbear wrote: »
    The press absolutely love this story. It feeds on people's anger. Keeps people talking. They would have been wise to keep quiet and suck it up.

It's the perfect story. Pure covid idiocy to bring out the rage in people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭kravmaga

lawred2 wrote: »
    Why leave Australia now?

I don't get it

Exactly, 100% agree, why did they choose now to return to Ireland?

They should just suck it up and stop the moaning, they have a double room, the photos are set for media, dont like the attention seeking syndrome from this family.

If you are so concerned that the hotel double room is not fit for purpose why did they decide to return to Ireland during a pandemic.

Go back to Perth if your not happy, in Singapore your not even allowed to leave your room or go on the balcony during quarantine

• Registered Users Posts: 86,248 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

They can absolutely get f*cked.

My auld lad is on the way out from the big C.

I haven’t seen him since December 27th.

She’s in a hotel room....seriously...it’s a f*cking slap she needs.

I’ll gladly accept any ban that’s incoming.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭SteM

They'll probably complain that there's no sky sports in the room and they have to watch it on RTE :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Are you perhaps expecting the British to issue sanctions for Irish human rights violations?
    If you're not trolling at this stage, you must have drank a sentimentality potion at the local New Age market.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Why leave Australia now?

I don't get it

Same reason they left Ireland 5 years ago I imagine, the country wasn't offering them their entitled view of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,201 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Why leave Australia now?

I don't get it

Their mammies/grannies I'd be guessing.
    Or they miss Taytos.

Gobshytes for leaving Oz and coming to this riddled kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Aph2016

Another smoke and mirrors story to drown out the pathetic government vaccine rollout. People need to drown out the noise of these non stories and keep the government accountable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭appledrop

baldbear wrote: »

Your right it has me absolutely fuming. Between yesterday's story about private hospital giving away covid vaccines and this story today enough is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Aph2016 wrote: »
    Another smoke and mirrors story to drown out the pathetic government vaccine rollout. People need to drown out the noise of these non stories and keep the government accountable.

You'd swear the story was just made up by the government to distract us, going by that. It happened, it was reported because it was a formal complaint. The media reported it and the posters in Boards have given the story legs rather than ignore it or move on to the more salient news of the day. Don't lay all the blame on Media or government because it's on a roll in a Boards thread.

To me it's just a bit of an amusing aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,093 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Aph2016 wrote: »

Looks far from pathetic apart from the lack of supply. Don't see the need to constantly put down the efforts of a huge team of people getting this done.

548418.JPG#

I stayed in a 4star hotel one time and let me tell you it was HORRIBLE! APPALLING!!

Other people had used the mattresses before us and when we went to have breakfast we had to SERVE ourselves! I nearly blew a gasket!! I nearly checked us all into the Beacon for a checkup and some RnR.

We considered getting Lucy in to live with us to see just how bad we had it. But maybe we'll save our story for Joe or even Ryan.

It was horrible Ryan, really pedestrian, with beige everything, and btw, did I mention my granny died of cancer?

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    You'd swear the story was just made up by the government to distract us, going by that. It happened, it was reported because it was a formal complaint. The media reported it and the posters in Boards have given the story legs rather than ignore it or move on to the more salient news of the day. Don't lay all the blame on Media or government because it's on a roll in a Boards thread.

To me it's just a bit of an amusing aside.

If one upside of this pandemic, when we get through it, is the scandal of the appalling standard of 4* accommodation in this country is highlighted, it will have been worth the human pain and misery being felt by all. This nurse/healer has done the nation a great service and will be suitably commended by Tubridy shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes why Dubai?

Probably booked the tickets before the mandatory quarantines. Probably cost a few grand to change the flight so they 'chanced it' as it was only a short stopover and by getting Covid tests.

Didn't work so now they're fuming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Why leave Australia now?

I don't get it

Maybe their visa ended and they couldn’t extend it. Anyhow to relocate permanently from Australia to Ireland they probably made this decision a while ago and there are very few flights out of Australia so this would have been booked long in advance and would have been difficult to change.

Anyhow they are coming from Perth which has basically no restrictions to live in eternal lockdown, via half arsed quarantine .... couldn’t make this sh!t up.

Continental Europe is basically wipe your feet on the way out, France had 42K cases today but it’s not classed as high risk because it’s in Europe or something dopey like that.

Quarantine works very well in Australia but at least you get the value of looking forward to little to no restrictions and normal day to day life.

An Ri rua wrote: »
    If one upside of this pandemic, when we get through it, is the scandal of the appalling standard of 4* accommodation in this country is highlighted, it will have been worth the human pain and misery being felt by all. This nurse/healer has done the nation a great service and will be suitably commended by Tubridy shortly.

No idea why you quoted me and even less idea what the $&#€ you're in about.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    They flew out of a country that has been using stricter quarantine hotels for months - for all their returning citizens as well as non-citizens.

Not only that. The Australian government travel website spells out the relevant issues with travelling to Ireland including transit through high risk countries and the need for Quarantine here
    Arrivals from “high risk” countries (including transit through “high risk” countries) and people arriving in Ireland without a negative PCR test must complete a 14-day mandatory quarantine in a hotel. ...

Before travelling to Ireland, you must reserve and pay for a place in mandatory hotel quarantine. Non-compliance with COVID-19 restrictions may result in prosecution and penalties including fines and imprisonment

https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/destinations/europe/ireland

They've no excuse

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

john4321 wrote: »
    Looks far from pathetic apart from the lack of supply. Don't see the need to constantly put down the efforts of a huge team of people getting this done.

548418.JPG#

Tell my dad who is 75 next week who hasn't been vaccinated yet because of incompetent planning and vaccine delays that all is going well. Tell me with my underlying health issues too.

As the nurse at my doc surgery said about the powers that be "they couldn't run a bath".

As for these whiney feckers in their hotel, I hope they get a grip on reality fast. Idiots

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Since this family left Perth, can I go over there? I'd gladly pay for their quarantining.

Since this family left Perth, can I go over there? I'd gladly pay for their quarantining.

Only if you will wait for an approved flight and do the 15 strict quarantine over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

Is there a GoFundMe i could throw a few euros into to get them upgraded to a 5 star hotel? It's heartbreaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,443 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

h2005 wrote: »
    What's the story if they were traveling the other way?

Depends on if they're travelling steerage or not.
    Normal One wrote: »
    Is there a GoFundMe i could throw a few euros into to get them upgraded to a 5 star hotel? It's heartbreaking.

How about a gofundme to pay for a mariachi band to play Hotel California outside their window for 9 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,093 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Witchie wrote: »
    Tell my dad who is 75 next week who hasn't been vaccinated yet because of incompetent planning and vaccine delays that all is going well. Tell me with my underlying health issues too.

As the nurse at my doc surgery said about the powers that be "they couldn't run a bath".

As for these whiney feckers in their hotel, I hope they get a grip on reality fast. Idiots

Not trying to dismiss your frustration at all but dad is 74 so falls into the 4th category. We are limited by supply at the moment.

548420.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

john4321 wrote: »
    Not trying to dismiss your frustration at all but dad is 74 so falls into the 4th category. We are limited by supply at the moment.

548420.JPG

Yet 4 of our neighbours under 75 got theirs today.

The whole sh*t show is due to bad organisation. I bet the same project manager was used as the one on the children's hospital.

Advertisement