Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish family appeal mandatory quarantine..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

gmisk wrote: »
    It worked for "homeless campaigner" Margaret Cash like a charm.
    She got her forever home for free and room for a pony for the kids.
    https://www.thesun.ie/news/4593918/homeless-margaret-cash-new-pad-son-pony-birthday/
    She got away with her little shoplifting spree as well of course...

Big thanks for increasing my blood pressure. : (

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

He’s just sick of her bull$hit and just rolls with it. He’s just glad he’s home and can sniff around Maura, who he still yearns for.

Crying laughing here. Jesus. You should enter a short story contest. :pac:

I can see it now. That's Maura's for you.

giphy.gif

He’s just sick of her bull$hit and just rolls with it. He’s just glad he’s home and can sniff around Maura, who he still yearns for.

I was thinking, this whole thing is gonna make a really **** film some day. But youve just come up with a really interesting love triangle there. This could be huge.

Maybe he goes to the hotel bar and talks to a ghost bartender. Could we include that. And blood coming out of the elevators

• Registered Users Posts: 15,357 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Did they honestly expect us to feel bad for them? They travelled out of the country and then expected to come back from a high risk country and allowed to return to society?

Get a grip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

The people on the video seem to think they're not allowed put stuff in the wardrobes, or use the adjoining room.

There were two hangers and one tiny high shelf in the wardrobe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Vicxas wrote: »
    Did they honestly expect us to feel bad for them? They travelled out of the country and then expected to come back from a high risk country and allowed to return to society?

Get a grip

Sadly they probably did. There's often an air of entitlement with people returning. Of course she has the added snippet about being a nurse and therefore saving the country single handedly, and didn't fail to get that shoe horned into the article. What about the nurses who've been here muddling through all along.

Antares35 wrote: »
    Sadly they probably did. There's often an air of entitlement with people returning. Of course she has the added snippet about being a nurse and therefore saving the country single handedly, and didn't fail to get that shoe horned into the article. What about the nurses who've been here muddling through all along.

Exactly, the very nurses who’ve probably been waiting on stricter controls at our borders. Her new colleagues probably CAN wait to meet her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Crying laughing here. Jesus. You should enter a short story contest. :pac:

I can see it now. That's Maura's for you.

giphy.gif

It’s the only reason I can think of, why he would allow himself to come back to this grey damp hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Some things never change. It's always either returning people bad, locals good or locals backward and returnees smart. The truth is in there somewhere!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

pwurple wrote: »

They can still use the wardrobe to store some of the suitcases. No need to leave them all open in the middle of the floor. You can even close them all and pile them on top of each other in the corner of one of the rooms.

Could probably rearrange the rooms a bit too to give themselves more space.

She's really going to hate level 5 restrictions in Sligo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

What was on the hangers?

I was in a hotel once with no hangers, I made a phone call to reception and received some.

What was on the shelf?

What was in the other drawers?

Why were the suitcases left opened on the floor?

Why were the suitcases not in the cupboards?

They can still use the wardrobe to store some of the suitcases. No need to leave them all open in the middle of the floor. You can even close them all and pile them on top of each other in the corner of one of the rooms.

Could probably rearrange the rooms a bit too to give themselves more space.

She's really going to hate level 5 restrictions in Sligo.

But this won’t work, there are 5 of them and only 3 beds. So the two adults have to sleep in the suitcases

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I should have probably done the same. Live streamed all the antenatal appointments that I had to attend alone, or baby meeting her family for the first time after ten weeks, through a window. We all just got on with it. Problem with people like her is they think they are some kind of special exception.

Exactly this . People haven’t seen grandchildren , people have seen their parents in care homes , people in care home feeling lonely and sad , people have lost businessess they put life savngs in , people cant pay mortgages , people cant buy homes .
    Nurses working throughout this and have likened it to a war zone . Doctors crying from stress . People sick at home with Covid worried in case they get worse
    People living in lockdown with three kids in a cramped apartment for months

And madam waltzes in here and whinges because we didnt hand her an apartment to quarantine in for 14 whole days

Christonabike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Maybe they should all take up smoking.....lots of outside breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭tscul32

I feel sorry that they have to quarantine like this. I have 3 kids, similar ages and I'd hate it. BUT, they could do their best to manage it without whinging. Push the beds in the kids room together up against the wall = lots of extra floor space. They could sacrifice a bathroom and store suitcases in the bathtub. There are big spacious windowsills (child sitting in one of them) so get out clothes for a few days for the kids and stack them there, then put the cases away. Use the wardrobe and drawers. Keep the sideboard surface for the food. Push the small tables and lockers together to make a larger, if uneven, table (space in the bigger room for this - move the bed). They have 6 chairs to put around this. There is so much they can do - we regularly do this when away with the kids. That's why there is little sympathy, we can all see what they could do and they are trying to find problems - No exercise space? Move the suitcases, even put the on the bed for an hour!!. Yes, it's not ideal, but you can make it better and keep positive for the kids instead of complaining. And it's only for two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

But this won’t work, there are 5 of them and only 3 beds. So the two adults have to sleep in the suitcases

5 people, ( 3 children and a married couple), 3 double beds, my heart bleeds for them, not!!!!!

tscul32 wrote: »
    I feel sorry that they have to quarantine like this. I have 3 kids, similar ages and I'd hate it. BUT, they could do their best to manage it without whinging. Push the beds in the kids room together up against the wall = lots of extra floor space. They could sacrifice a bathroom and store suitcases in the bathtub. There are big spacious windowsills (child sitting in one of them) so get out clothes for a few days for the kids and stack them there, then put the cases away. Use the wardrobe and drawers. Keep the sideboard surface for the food. Push the small tables and lockers together to make a larger, if uneven, table (space in the bigger room for this - move the bed). They have 6 chairs to put around this. There is so much they can do - we regularly do this when away with the kids. That's why there is little sympathy, we can all see what they could do and they are trying to find problems - No exercise space? Move the suitcases, even put the on the bed for an hour!!. Yes, it's not ideal, but you can make it better and keep positive for the kids instead of complaining. And it's only for two weeks.
    24 hours confined to a room is a long time!

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    5 people, ( 3 children and a married couple), 3 double beds, my heart bleeds for them, not!!!!!

That’s the joke :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

tscul32 wrote: »

This 100%, she really has little to worry about,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

this thread is hilarious.made my sunday morning thanks guys.

by the way screw her and her family she knew what she was doing and where she'd end up. id say the husband is morto.no sympathy whatsoever.

That’s the joke :-)

I know :)

TBH it more sums up how badly many hotels are set up to deal with families. That hotel tends to do a lot of business events in normal times and their perfect customer base is adults only. It's definitely not one you would choose for a family break!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭appledrop

There is another wardrobe in 2nd room!

is_that_so wrote: »
    Some things never change. It's always either returning people bad, locals good or locals backward and returnees smart. The truth is in there somewhere!

Returning people who expect special treatment while everyone who stayed had to suck it up for a year = bad, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Tonight's video is a compliant that her watch is an hour off from yesterday.

I know :)

Sorry, ha :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭appledrop

What was on the hangers?

I was in a hotel once with no hangers, I made a phone call to reception and received some.

What was on the shelf?

What was in the other drawers?

Why were the suitcases left opened on the floor?

Why were the suitcases not in the cupboards?

Don't forget the 2nd room with the extra wardrobe and storage space!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,508 ✭✭✭✭ted1

maxsmum wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone here has children. Can you imagine it? And I don't think there are direct flights from Australia or New Zealand to Dublin. So you're all being harsh in my opinion.

I wouldn’t bring my kids from a Covid free country to a country that’s in level 5 lockdown and requires 2 weeks mandatory quarantine.

Especially if I worked in the health system

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »
    I wouldn’t bring my kids from a Covid free country to a country that’s in level 5 lockdown and requires 2 weeks mandatory quarantine.

Especially if I worked in the health system

But one of them had a birthday and Ireland is the only place you can get a birthday cake...

Advertisement