Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 or PS4 2nd hand?

Options
  • 27-03-2021 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Looking to getting a 2nd hand PS for my son (11). Would a PS4 be fine, last a good while or better off getting a Pro as I know it'll be newer & therefore last longer etc.

I'm not bothered with better image quality etc.

Thanks
    Pa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Personally, I'll always recommend new if you can afford it when it comes to consoles. And I would take the Pro over the base simply for the extra power, especially for more recent games.

Most PS4's don't give issues, but you'll always have some faulty units. The biggest issue I can see is making sure you get a "quiet" version. My Pro was like a jet engine at times, but others have quiet ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Looking to getting a 2nd hand PS for my son (11). Would a PS4 be fine, last a good while or better off getting a Pro as I know it'll be newer & therefore last longer etc.

I'm not bothered with better image quality etc.

Thanks
    Pa

Ive a pro model up for sale on adverts for 250 if ya want it, Has the camera accessory too

https://touch.adverts.ie/playstation/ps4-pro/23274088

Console wasnt heavily used as im mainly a PC player and its in proper working order.

in terms of hardware it ultimately depends on the model of TV your using, Pro essentially uses a higher spec config to run bettsr on 4k TVs hence why they did a mid cycle hardware revision all those years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭LariToper

You be aware already OP but just in case, there is a selection of excellent games available for free at the moment. You should create a Playstation account now on the playstation website and claim them, you just need to search for the titles and click "Add to Library" then you'll see you're being charged €0 at checkout. Once thats done you can download on your console any time after that. Most are suitable for young ages too. Here's the list:
    • Ratchet & Clank (must be claimed before 1 April 03:00AM GMT)
    • Subnautica
    • Enter the Gungeon (rated 12+)
    • Abzu
    • The Witness
    • Rez Infinite

There's also Horizon Zero Dawn coming on April 19th (thats rated 16+)

Advertisement