Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your experience with Tree Ferns?

Options
  • 27-03-2021 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Just wondering if people who have owned tree ferns would recommend them based on their experience? I really want one, and I have just the righy spot for it, but am nervous about the prospect of losing one to a hard winter. I would like to buy an established one because it takes so long for the small ones to grow, but this costs a lot. I'm in a mild enough part of the country.

I guess I'm just looking for an enabler to make me feel better about spending the money!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

I got one about 5/6 years ago. It been in the same pot and a sheltered ish position ever since. Never wrap it up over winter sofar its been the easiest plant I have to mind and one of my favourite. Definitely worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,291 ✭✭✭secman

Have one thats planted about 15 years and has survived every winter including the -12° of the 2010 winter. Much hardier than people think,

Advertisement