Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for trolling from politics

Options
  • 27-03-2021 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭

So ancapailldorcha has banned me for trolling in the Brexit thread in Potiics. I queried this with the mod as to what I was trolling about, and they claim I'm trying to derail the thread.

I posted two tweets about the affects of Brexit with comment which were deleted for the reason that you don't post tweets, which is odd given the relevance of Twitter.

I comment on the deleted post and a post that's identical to mine telling them to expect it to be deleted, that the thread has been throttled beyond it being useful. I had PM'd the mod before on another issue but they never responded, they're not approachable via pm.

My opinion is that the mod is out of step saying I'm trolling. When I asked for an explanation why they think I'm trolling they said I was trying to derail the thread, and then again double down on claiming I'm trolling.

The mod can try be upfront as to their reasoning, but regardless, they've killed what was a good thread with their over modding.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Good morning Hurrache,

the above reads like a rant against the mod more than a dispute, however I'm going to presume that you are disputing the ban and bring it to the attention of the CMods. One will likely be along when they are free.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Hi Hurrache, I'll look into this for you.

If you're disputing your ban please send me the correspondence you've had with the moderator, either here or by PM.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I received your PMs, Hurrache, and they match the ones given to me by the moderator.

While I was waiting for you to come back to me I read through the relevant thread as well as the deleted posts and mod warning about posting links with little text. After the moderator deleted your post your argued the point on-thread instead of privately, and then warned another poster that their post would likely be deleted too, criticising the moderation of the thread. In my opinion this constitutes trolling the moderator.

I noted that you've been posting in the Politics forum for some time, and so you're aware of the standard of posting that is required as well and the enormous workload the moderators of the forum have.

I'm upholding your one day ban because I feel it was fair in the circumstances. You are entitled to have an Admin review this if you're not happy with my decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

While I don't argue again the fact that maybe a ban is merited for questioning the mod on thread, I vehemently disagree that the ban is for trolling. You read the thread and you'll be hard pressed to argue that I was trolling.

I also note that a post, identical to mine, posted hours later wasn't removed by the moderator, nor was it flagged for any reason. This makes no sense.

Me questioning the mod on thread would not have happened if their decisions weren't applied at what seems to be at random.

I disagree with you because at 20.33 you posted disputing the deletion of your post, and also criticising the way the thread was being moderated. Two minutes later you quoted someone else's post in order to continue criticising the moderation of the thread.

I'm sorry, but in my opinion that really is trolling - and also derailing the thread. Let me know if you'd like an admin to take a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

As the appellant hasn't responded in nearly three weeks, am marking this as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement