Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer yellow

• 27-03-2021 11:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

Got a yellow for this after the Ireland game.
    Kirby wrote: »
    Some of the posts in here today have aged like milk. I don't need to quote them. You know who you are.

I'm sure the same posters will make excuses for their man but the writing is on the wall. Take your League of Ireland foam finger off and see this for what it is.

My opinion before the game was well known as I laid out my opinion clearly in multiple posts. It didn't change before the game despite the flack I took and it didn't change after the game. If we don't beat Luxembourg the manager should be sacked.

The mod supports Kenny as per his posting history which is fine but I'm entitled to my opinion. Carding me for "Thread commentary" and "baiting" is ridiculous. Why are the people defending the manager not "baiting" but those criticizing him are?

I didn't think we would win. We didn't. We lost. It's not baiting to remind people of this. They were wrong. They have to deal with it. Can we have some common sense, please?

I'd like it looked at please. I've already contacted the mod in question.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I let the CMods know just now. Please be patient while they make the time to get to this.

• Administrators Posts: 53,955 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I will review this.

Well that didn't take long.

Your post was baiting. You were antagonizing other posters into a reaction. This is against the forum charter. Yellow upheld.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm flabberghasted tbh. HOW exactly is that baiting? Can anyone explain it to me? Point out which part please.

If that is baiting, 50% of the posts IN that thread is "baiting". If I go through and report all the other posts in there, will they all be carded for baiting? Or is just those that the mods disagree with that are "baiting".

Kirby wrote: »
    Some of the posts in here today have aged like milk. I don't need to quote them. You know who you are.

I'm sure the same posters will make excuses for their man but the writing is on the wall. Take your League of Ireland foam finger off and see this for what it is.

The entire first line of this is baiting, and the "League of Ireland foam finger" is also seeking a reaction.

You can take the appeal to admin if you disagree with the outcome here.

• Advertisement

Yes. The reaction I'm seeking is discussion. This is a discussion forum. What makes it baiting? I'd love an actual answer to that as you haven't given me one. Nor did the mod when I asked in pm. What am I "baiting" them to do exactly? Respond? Isn't that the point?

Foam finger is just another way of saying "League of Ireland hat". Kenny has fans from his time in the LOI. The point was that if they took their bias out of it and looked at in the cold light of day, he is doing a crap job.

The term "looking for a reaction" is so broad and nebulous I can't believe you are using it with a straight face.
    awec wrote: »
    Well that didn't take long.

Would your own snarky comment not be worthy of the same thought process, no? By your own standards, this is also baiting and looking for a reaction.

What exactly does that line accomplish exactly? It achieves nothing. Except to attempt to belittle and rile me up. If I reported that post, what would another mod think of your post if he applied your logic?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,962 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Do you want an Admin review?

No thanks, Beasty. I don't think there is much point, to be honest. Ì'll just learn not to post in there again. <snip>

Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement