Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to figure out how to remove bulb from light fixture

Options
  • 28-03-2021 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Possibly a stupid thing to ask but I can't figure out how to get the bulb out of this fitting without taking the whole thing off. I tried running my hand over it to see if there was a part that clipped out or something but I was afraid I'd break it if I started tugging at a bit that wasn't meant to come off.

Any help would be appreciated!

(Underneath)
    548456.jpg

(Overhead)
    548457.jpg

(Right)
    548458.jpg

(Left)
    548459.jpg

(Front)
    548460.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

You should be able to push the bulb to either the left or the right and that will give enough room for it to pull out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

It looks like there is a glass cover over the halogen bulb, held on by spring clips.
    Pull that towards you to remove it , then you should be able to remove the bulb as explained above, by moving it to the left or right.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The above poster is probably right but just in case he isn't, this reminds me of one of mine where you rotate the bulb along its long axis about 45 degrees and it slips out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Yep, you guys were bang on thanks a million!

Just had to pull it towards me and those little silver things were indeed clips that pop off, they were just a bit stiff

Advertisement