Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poco X3 Pro & F2 early bird deals

Options
  • 28-03-2021 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Poco announced two new phones recently, X3 Pro and F3. For those familiar with the brand, they offered great value on the first outing, then less great, but now it looks like they are veering back to great again with both the new models featuring top tier CPUs and highly competitive specs all round.

Supposedly on discount for the first week, but it's tricky to find them at the right price and shipping to Ireland :pac:

Best I found so far is €199 from Amazon Germany for the X3 Pro.

Poco X3 Pro 6GB/128GB, Phantom Black (Amazon.de)

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B08YJFSHFM/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=A2WXPJ19BN8LD8&th=1

€8.23 Standard Shipping (5 to 7 business days) : get it by Tuesday, April 13

Phone is sold by BS Deutschland and Fulfilled by Amazon. Store fedback looks decent, only a couple of issues with shipping in the past 12 months and Amazon took responsibility for those.

Frost Blue color varient was also available, seem to be out of stock at the moment.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭112143

The Poco store on AliExpress is having a sale at 7am Monday.
    They have both phones with Global ROM for sale shipping from China, so you're taking a chance on duty.
    There's a thread on HUKD about it.
    I'll definitely go with a F3.

Edit: Forgot to say it's the X3 pro and F3 on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Had the POCO F1 and was very happy with it but then upgraded at start of this year to the Mi 10T Lite 5G. I've checked the specs with the POCO F3 Pro and they are very similar.

I managed to get the 10T Lite for about €220 on sale and it's a great phone, especially for that money, so if the F3 is comparable then I highly recommend.

Obvious difference being the 5G and it NFC (looks like F3 will offer NFC in some regions?).

Had the POCO F1 and was very happy with it but then upgraded at start of this year to the Mi 10T Lite 5G. I've checked the specs with the POCO F3 Pro and they are very similar.

I managed to get the 10T Lite for about €220 on sale and it's a great phone, especially for that money, so if the F3 is comparable then I highly recommend.

Obvious difference being the 5G and it NFC (looks like F3 will offer NFC in some regions?).

If you like the Mi 10T Lite the 11 lite is out soon, specs look good.
    Not sure it's worth comparing the 10 lite with the F3 though, the 870 is a cracking premium chipset.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

Following thread.

Looking out for an F3 from Amazon / Xiaomi official sites if anyone manages to get sorted could they please post info. As previously mentioned, AliExpress sale starts from tomorrow but unsure of customs charges or whether the specific model will have NFC. Also, any warranty or defects for returns...

Did anyone pick one (F3) up on AliExpress today? Pay for DHL shipping and there are no customs, NFC is also supported. Was message the seller (Official Poco)

Amazon IT /DE will hopefully have them tomorrow...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

rizzee wrote: »
    Did anyone pick one (F3) up on AliExpress today? Pay for DHL shipping and there are no customs, NFC is also supported. Was message the seller (Official Poco)

Amazon IT /DE will hopefully have them tomorrow...

What kind of money?

Wife needs a new phone, which means she'll be getting this phone I use (F2) so might just bite the bullet on an F3.

McMurphy wrote: »
    What kind of money?

Wife needs a new phone, which means she'll be getting this phone I use (F2) so might just bite the bullet on an F3.

AliExpress was coming to 368 including Xiaomi earbuds and DHL shipping. It said 30-40 days delivery, which is the only thing to put me off it.

Amazon should be around 350 (370 in Italy for some reason) early bird.

All above is for 8/256 models.

I've always had to pay duty using DHL, I went with regular shipping for the F3, just do the usual wait and hope it doesn't get caught.

Just ordered from Amazon.fr (8/256 - White)

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B08XYDB4DW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pre-Order Price inc. delivery (as of this morning 08:00): €417 - they don't take the money out of your account until the shipping date (11th April), as if the price drops before then, you're guaranteed to pay the lowest cost that the phone was before this date.

I'm expecting it to drop to €349 at a later stage today. I will keep an eye on other sites anyway as i'm sure there will be early bird deals and I can easily cancel the above and order again if it's cheaper elsewhere. Although as I was saying in another thread, I would have paid that little extra for Amazon warranty/peace of mind so as it stands I'm happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B08XYDB4DW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pre-Order Price inc. delivery (as of this morning 08:00): €408 - they don't take the money out of your account until the shipping date (11th April), as if the price drops before then, you're guaranteed to pay the lowest cost that the phone was before this date.

I'm expecting it to drop from €399 to €349 at a later stage today. I will keep an eye on other sites anyway as i'm sure there will be early bird deals and I can easily cancel the above and order again if it's cheaper elsewhere. Although as I was saying in another thread, I would have paid that little extra for Amazon warranty/peace of mind so as it stands I'm happy out.

Tempted, but I was comparing specs with what I'm on now (F2) hard to justify tbh, as previously mentioned my wife's mi note has a smashed screen so that'll need replacing regardless, decision time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Still using my pocophone F1 would the F3 pro be worth the jump or would it just be nominal?

The new screen looks nice.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Tempted, but I was comparing specs with what I'm on now (F2) hard to justify tbh, as previously mentioned my wife's mi note has a smashed screen so that'll need replacing regardless, decision time.

I understand, if there's nothing wrong with yours then not much point. See what the deals are like later on and that might tempt you! :)

I just ordered again via Amazon Spain due to receiving the phone a week earlier than the French site. (was about €3 cheaper too)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Pre-Order Price inc. delivery (as of this morning 08:00): €417 - they don't take the money out of your account until the shipping date (11th April), as if the price drops before then, you're guaranteed to pay the lowest cost that the phone was before this date.

I'm expecting it to drop to €349 at a later stage today. I will keep an eye on other sites anyway as i'm sure there will be early bird deals and I can easily cancel the above and order again if it's cheaper elsewhere. Although as I was saying in another thread, I would have paid that little extra for Amazon warranty/peace of mind so as it stands I'm happy out.

Either my French is extra rusty or my eyesight is going but I can't see if it's dual SIM?

Either my French is extra rusty or my eyesight is going but I can't see if it's dual SIM?

Yep it's dual sim.

Yep it's dual sim.

Tempting. I have a Pixel 4 and I've never hated a phone so much. Time for a bit of Asian bling again think.

Got it for €349.90 (8/256 white) on Amazon Germany, which came to €369.99 including post, with a delivery date of 14-16 April.

Now to cancel the other orders!!

Got it for €349.90 (8/256 white) on Amazon Germany, which came to €369.99 including post, with a delivery date of 14-16 April.

Now to cancel the other orders!!

Bought the black from Germany. No brainer at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

Tempting. I have a Pixel 4 and I've never hated a phone so much. Time for a bit of Asian bling again think.

May be interested if you're selling!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Anyone have the link for the White version on Amazon DE

Gadge wrote: »
    May be interested if you're selling!

I'll drop you a PM when the Poco arrives.

• Advertisement

Ok

I have the white on order now on Amazon ES ($415 without discount, yet!!), FR(€387 with €30 discount) and IT (€381 with €30 discount).

Even ordering the black now from DE and €50 off comes to 391 so only €10 difference (Maybe due to VAT, shipping etc??)

The ES order should drop by €50 on the pre order price guarantee, as they had it earlier at this price, at least what Keppa showed??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,218 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

And the black 8 GB + 256 GB is now no longer available on .de as it's sold out.

So glad I had the FR, DE, ES and IT sites open today!! Nicked it at 11:55am and 15 minutes later they were gone in my colour.

I'm sure they'll release more again before the shipping date?

Belsimply also have the 8gb Black for 354 inc shipping:

https://www.belsimpel.nl/poco-f3/256gb-zwart?np=1&utm_source=61052&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ord&utm_campaigncode=ord-1052&cntd=1&shipping_country=IE

Still available...

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dogre

So glad I had the FR, DE, ES and IT sites open today!! Nicked it at 11:55am and 15 minutes later they were gone in my colour.

I'm sure they'll release more again before the shipping date?

Belsimply also have the 8gb Black for 354 inc shipping:

https://www.belsimpel.nl/poco-f3/256gb-zwart?np=1&utm_source=61052&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ord&utm_campaigncode=ord-1052&cntd=1&shipping_country=IE

Still available...

Ordered a black, thanks. White 256GB is also €354 inc postage https://www.belsimpel.nl/poco-f3/256gb-wit

The 128 GB models are €304 https://www.belsimpel.nl/telefoon/poco

Changed my order from amazon to Besimply as they have the full Early bird discount, and not sure what Amazon is doing.

ForestFire wrote: »
    Changed my order from amazon to Besimply as they have the full Early bird discount, and not sure what Amazon is doing.

Yeah, they're back on .DE now but at full price!! Strange. Glad you got sorted with Belsimpl. Did they take the money straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Boo_hoo

I was on my way to ordering one of these until I heard there were ads built into the phone. I guess that's how you get a phone cheaper these days but is it worth it?

There have been plenty of cases of manufacturers increasing the ads down the line with every new update. There are 2 things I hate on electronics I buy: Forced ads and un-removable bloatware(looking at you Sony).

Reviewer talking about adverts here: Adverts on Poco F3

Boo_hoo wrote: »
    I was on my way to ordering one of these until I heard there were ads built into the phone. I guess that's how you get a phone cheaper these days but is it worth it?

There have been plenty of cases of manufacturers increasing the ads down the line with every new update. There are 2 things I hate on electronics I buy: Forced ads and un-removable bloatware(looking at you Sony).

Seen that review the weekend, at this price point it's a non issue in my opinion. They can be swiped away or wait a couple of seconds. Is it just when installing new apps or do they pop up randomly? Each to their own I guess.

Yeah, they're back on .DE now but at full price!! Strange. Glad you got sorted with Belsimpl. Did they take the money straight away?

Looks like they do, it's a pending transaction at the moment. Sometime they don't go through (if its a credit check} but mire often they do.

And on the ads, there is a way to disable them, as far as I know, and there is some info in the comments in that video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Simi

Boo_hoo wrote: »

They can be removed through revoking permissions for certain built-in apps, particularly the MSA app.

That screen he's showing is part of the built-in security app and can be removed entirely assuming it's the same as other Xiaomi phones.

There are guides to remove bloatware online, but as far I know it returns when you install a new update. It's easier to just learn to ignore them.

As for the phone itself, I'm interested to see what the F3 Pro offers and at what price point. I bought the F2 Pro for ~€320 close to launch last year and there's very little in the way of upgrades to tempt me aside from the 120hz screen of course.

Advertisement