Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed van on rochestown Road

Options
  • 28-03-2021 2:40pm

Are there's always active, I was going about 55,think I got with the van at the end of the road before you turn left to the south ring. Do they record from both sides?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,128 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Are there's always active, I was going about 55,think I got with the van at the end of the road before you turn left to the south ring. Do they record from both sides?

the camera is at the back of the van so can only catch vehicles coming from behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭glog

rob316 wrote: »
    the camera is at the back of the van so can only catch vehicles coming from behind.

I stand to be corrected on this, but I believe they can measure your speed as you approach them and as you go away from them, so theoretically, they can catch you going either direction.

"We monitor from the back of the van, so the camera is on the back of the van," .
    "When you're moving past the back of the van, either coming towards or moving away, the van can monitor that speed."
    And how near to the van do you have to be for it to track your speed?

"The general rule of thumb that we would use is that if you can see the van, you're generally in range."

glog wrote: »
    I stand to be corrected on this, but I believe they can measure your speed as you approach them and as you go away from them, so theoretically, they can catch you going either direction.

"We monitor from the back of the van, so the camera is on the back of the van," .
    "When you're moving past the back of the van, either coming towards or moving away, the van can monitor that speed."
    And how near to the van do you have to be for it to track your speed?

"The general rule of thumb that we would use is that if you can see the van, you're generally in range."

Cheers, hopefully i haven't been caught.

Made me dig out my car instructions and put on speed limiting, have a Kia Niro so the electric speeds up way faster than a normal car. Will def start using the speed limiting in future as i find myself going faster without realising.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Speedometers usually overread, you may have not been speeding at all. Go and measure your real speed with some GPS app on your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

Speed van on Georges Quay yesterday evening..cash cow there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

I have never in my life seen a speed van on georges quay,you sure it wasnt a garda van checkpoint?

ofcork wrote: »
    I have never in my life seen a speed van on georges quay,you sure it wasnt a garda van checkpoint?

Nope, 100 % speed van. How do I upload a photo??ui=2&view=btop&ver=ops2cvpehp6#attid%253Datt_17889031cd5cd15a_0.1_3ddb70da_4077e1c5_e20bb8fe_01266b23_c336f990%25252F20210330_180109.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Dbu wrote: »
    Nope, 100 % speed van. How do I upload a photo??ui=2&view=btop&ver=ops2cvpehp6#attid%253Datt_17889031cd5cd15a_0.1_3ddb70da_4077e1c5_e20bb8fe_01266b23_c336f990%25252F20210330_180109.jpg

There alright as prendeville mentioned recently,and straight road etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭timmyjimmy

I saw one on the lower glanmire road recently just before the hump as you get to the train station, cash cow if the speed display there is anything to go by. I currently live in the area and delighted for this as sometimes i've seen the display hitting 70 on that sign. There's constant breaking the speed limit and traffic lights in the city centre and something needs to be done.

Bring on 30km speed limits in city centres and residential areas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

All over douglas lately the ****

• Advertisement

:(

On George's quay??

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭timmyjimmy

Stick to the speed limit and you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

timmyjimmy wrote: »

Bring on 30km speed limits in city centres and residential areas.

Ill be able to pass them on my bicycle :pac:

:(

On George's quay??

Yes, on Georges Quay. 30km i presume

He was probably parked gone for a gelato!!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Speed vans on the tunnel now with all the works, about 99% I got nabbed there this morning didn't slow down fast enough after I saw the sign was going about 80. Oh well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

Their all over the place for the last few weeks watch out in Douglas /Donnybrook

Dave1711 wrote: »
    Speed vans on the tunnel now with all the works, about 99% I got nabbed there this morning didn't slow down fast enough after I saw the sign was going about 80. Oh well.

Only there since they closed one bore of the tunnel for works its a 60 now havent been any there in a while before now.

On georges quay???

Only there since they closed one bore of the tunnel for works its a 60 now havent been any there in a while before now.

Yeah that's what I meant about the works going on

• Advertisement

There were two speed vans on the approach to the tunnel yesterday. A bit much.

There were two speed vans on the approach to the tunnel yesterday. A bit much.

Yeah could easily get rightly screwed there haha first one caught me.

Spotted it parked on frenches quay at 9 pm tonight outside the funeral home. First time I've seen it there.

You cant even drive fast there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

South link, last evening coming from town (6pm) just before the Douglas exit there was a gard pulled in but I'm not sure he was doing speed checks. If he was he would have caught me overtaking, doing 111 :( (adjusted for weight of the car, 101)

I may have gotten away with it. I feel like i have. I'll know more tomorrow lol.

South link, last evening coming from town (6pm) just before the Douglas exit there was a gard pulled in but I'm not sure he was doing speed checks. If he was he would have caught me overtaking, doing 111 :( (adjusted for weight of the car, 101)

I may have gotten away with it. I feel like i have. I'll know more tomorrow lol.

He has to drive after you

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

No idea how you could speed in Douglas with the traffic...

If you do speed, you're the wanker. Simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭spring lane jack

There's been a van parked up by Dulux paints on the Commons Road a lot lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

There's been a van parked up by Dulux paints on the Commons Road a lot lately.

There's a real speed change there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Be right back

I saw one at the side of the main road between Glanmire and Dunkettle heading to Dublin this morning.

Advertisement