Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How hard is it to withdraw from a Springboard Course?

Options
  • 28-03-2021 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi everyone. I signed up to do a course with Springboard in January, partly to do with a career change, mostly to keep myself busy during the lockdown.

However it is turning into way more work than I bargained for. I don’t know how I’m going to do it when I (eventually) return to work. I don’t think it’s for me.

Has anyone ever withdrawn from a Springboard programme before? Is the process easy? Do they make life difficult if you do? Do you have to give them proof of a reason? I am aware you can’t do another one if you withdraw but that doesn’t bother me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Vrinda

What a coincidence, I asked a similar question couple of hours ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭The boarder

I had a similar situation back last year. It was before i payed the fees. I just said to the course co ordinator that it wasnt for me. Thstbwas the end of it. Actually started another one rexently as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Bluebell91

Vrinda wrote: »
    What a coincidence, I asked a similar question couple of hours ago!

Really? No way! Must be getting to that time where everyone is panicking. I think the worst they can do is not offer you another one but I’m not sure. I don’t know of anyone who has ever done a Springboard course. I’m sure they have people withdrawing all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Bluebell91

I had a similar situation back last year. It was before i payed the fees. I just said to the course co ordinator that it wasnt for me. Thstbwas the end of it. Actually started another one rexently as well.

Were you far into your course when you quit? I’m afraid it’s too late at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭The boarder

Bluebell91 wrote: »
    Were you far into your course when you quit? I’m afraid it’s too late at this stage.

Was in it for 2 weeks. But was before i paid the fees so wasnt to bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 bubblemassage

Just posting what I posted on the other thread regarding the same subject here, I did a Springboard course in 2016-2017 and dropped out. I was able to take another Springboard course the following year. All I had to do was ring up Springboard and ask for them to take the ban off my account. I was told I was banned after I left the 2nd course in 2018, but I reckon all it would take is to ring up and ask for the ban to be lifted again. Tbh, if you are determined you will definitely be able to get back on one.

Advertisement