Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi

Options
  • 28-03-2021 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I have noticed over the last few yesrs about fruit and veg in aldi. There are a number of stires in my area and have noticed ob several occasions and different stirs gone off fruit and veg. Like they were at the talking back stage.

They dont seem to rotate stock or carecwhen its poibted out to staff.

Put me off the shop altogether..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

cant say ive experienced this in my local aldi, or lidl. IMO the tesco stuff has a shorter shelf life once bought.
    mind you i bought some tomatoes in my nearest small fruit n veg store, and the very next day i had to toss 3.

I find it varies from store to store. Luckily I’ve no issues with the one I regularly use but there’s definitely less consistency than some of the other supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I do find you have to pay a lot more attention in Aldi than in other higher priced shops.
    For me it's worth the few hundred quid savings per month!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Helptobuy

As someone with a family member working in Aldi, she says the emphasis on speed takes over when the store is busy and staff don't get the chance to rotate stock properly if they are being called off the floor to man one of the tills

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Garibaldi?

it's a pity they never have jalapenos in a jar any more. They were lovely.

• Advertisement
Advertisement