Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on mortgage rates ptsb

• 28-03-2021 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

We have been approved for mortgage with ptsb and have been offered 2.95% fixed on 3 years on 185k over 15 years, with 2% cashback on drawdown (3.7k) and 2% back on monthly repayments. They wrote last week offering 2.25% fixed over 4 years with no cashback on drawdown but we get the monthly cashback. I figured out (if I am right) that we would end up paying the same interest back over the 3 or 4 years so I am figuring that we have to decide whether it is better to take the 3.7k on drawdown and shorter and higher fixed rate or a lower fixed rate over 4 years with no cashback? Can anyone advise me please ? Thx !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Put the question on AAM, they are good at those issues over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

AAM (askaboutmoney.com - Irish financial forum) will give the answer quickly, but I suspect it will work out similar.

I'd prefer the lower payments as you'd tend to spend the cashback.

Interest difference is about€4200.

2% cashback and 2% payments is about €4400.

Advertisement