Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile 12v Three System

Options
  • 29-03-2021 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Hi, I’m looking to set up a mobile 4G broadband system on a boat. I have a Three mifi device with a Three sim. The coverage is okay but i end up having to recharge the mifi a lot or leave it plugged in.
    I did some research and heard that a Teltonica RUT240 is a good option and runs off 12v and can be used with an antenna.
    I then found some Poynting Omni antennas but I would need two apparently.
    Had anyone used the Puck type antennas in a boat or camper van? It seems they are MIMO so I would only need one.
    Or is there a TP Link or similar 4G router that runs off 12v that would be a better option?
    Don’t want to spent a fortune. Ideally under €200

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They all run off 12 or 19v, it's just the wall warts that are 240v. Plenty of options. Check out cruising the cut on YT, has such a setup. You need a dual antenna but these can come in a single housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Almost certain all Huawei routers run on DC12V 2A adapters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

Thanks folks.

Advertisement