Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much commission does Avant Mortgages pay brokers

Options
  • 29-03-2021 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

The reason I ask is because I’m engaging with a broker who is free and makes a point that he is free and is pushing sales on other unwanted financial products that aren’t free.

I’d just like to have a one liner to say back to him that he’s making €x amount in commission from Avant Mortgages. Maybe it’s a flat %?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Green Mile wrote: »
    The reason I ask is because I’m engaging with a broker who is free and makes a point that he is free and is pushing sales on other unwanted financial products that aren’t free.

I’d just like to have a one liner to say back to him that he’s making €x amount in commission from Avant Mortgages. Maybe it’s a flat %?

Just work out which mortgage offer is the best for you in terms of percentage interest, amount they will offer etc, and then go with that.

Having a "Gotcha" moment with the broker isn't really worth it's while. You know that he gets paid a commission to sell you a mortgage, what difference does it make how much he gets from that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

It sounds like you have not a great relationship with the broker. It's worth figuring out who's really paying in any free service. At the end of the day, you're using a broker for their advice and to help you fast track your applications, but they can also mess you up based on the agenda they are pushing.

Keep an eye on the terms and conditions associated with the mortgage and how your life might change down the line. Also, never bundle other financial products with your mortgage, you'll get cheaper by shopping around.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I’d just like to have a one liner to say back to him that he’s making €x amount in commission from Avant Mortgages.

"I thought you got paid a commission for selling the financial products you offer".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I’d just like to have a one-liner to say back to him that he’s making €x amount in commission from Avant Mortgages. Maybe it’s a flat %?

Why are you trying to argue this with the broker?
    You should be looking at what each mortgage lender is offering to decide what is the best value for you regardless. Be more concerned about better value products that the broker isn't pushing for.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

If its for a mortgage a broker earns a flat fee no matter what institute you decide to go for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Green Mile

Peter T wrote: »
    If its for a mortgage a broker earns a flat fee no matter what institute you decide to go for

That’s an informative answer, thank you. Any idea what the flat fee is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

The broker I am dealing with gets 1% commission regardless of lender

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

The broker I am dealing with gets 1% commission regardless of lender

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I used a broker who stated up front their commission was 1% no matter where we got our mortgage, and we paid them nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,779 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You aren't going to find out exactly what they get. Nor is it particularly useful to you to know.

Just emphasise to the broker that you are not interested in and will not buy any other products and that they're wasting their time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Any broker that is claiming to be free isn't confident in what he does and the value he adds. I was a financial advisor selling mortgages, life products, pensions and investments and I got rewarded handsomely.
    Mortgages 1% of drawdown figure, life policies approx 1 years premium and pensions about 6 months premium. Made most of my money from pensions and life insurance.

Advertisement