If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

q90t or hz980b

Options
  • 29-03-2021 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Checking in as I'm in the process of going with a new TV - current is a 10 year old Philips which is still going strong, but defintaly long in the tooth :)

I had initially intended going for a Sony, specifically the XH9505, but unfortunately the leg stands are a problem for where it needs to be placed, so I've settled for swivel stands...after a good deal of research, I'm down to a Samsung q90T and the Panasonic TX55HZ980b.

Its a bright room and the TV will be facing a window, and its very rare to be watching in darkness, usually a light or two going. The OLED viewing angles would suit well (somewhere between centre and 30 degrees off centre) but I'd have a concern about brightness and reflections. I hadn't really been drawn to the Samsungs at all, but on seeing a q90T in a shop yesterday, I was very impressed with the anti-glare and overall brightness. Unfortunately there wasn't a HZ980b to look at, but certainly the brightness and glossiness of the LG CX's that were there were concerning.

So long story short, would you have an opinion between the two sets above? :)

I'm not sure about it, but I'm considering an Atmos soundbar as well to pair it...the QSymphony offering from Samsung is an interesting one, any thoughts there?

Cheers!
    Lampsie

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

lampsie wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Checking in as I'm in the process of going with a new TV - current is a 10 year old Philips which is still going strong, but defintaly long in the tooth :)

I had initially intended going for a Sony, specifically the XH9505, but unfortunately the leg stands are a problem for where it needs to be placed, so I've settled for swivel stands...after a good deal of research, I'm down to a Samsung q90T and the Panasonic TX55HZ980b.

Its a bright room and the TV will be facing a window, and its very rare to be watching in darkness, usually a light or two going. The OLED viewing angles would suit well (somewhere between centre and 30 degrees off centre) but I'd have a concern about brightness and reflections. I hadn't really been drawn to the Samsungs at all, but on seeing a q90T in a shop yesterday, I was very impressed with the anti-glare and overall brightness. Unfortunately there wasn't a HZ980b to look at, but certainly the brightness and glossiness of the LG CX's that were there were concerning.

So long story short, would you have an opinion between the two sets above? :)

I'm not sure about it, but I'm considering an Atmos soundbar as well to pair it...the QSymphony offering from Samsung is an interesting one, any thoughts there?

Cheers!
    Lampsie
    Hey Lampsie.

Thanks for the post.

If you are worried about reflection then it would be better to go for the QLED.
    While the OLED has the better image the screen is pretty reflective in bright conditions.

The Q90T is a fantastic television and performs very well. You would not be disappointed with one of these at all.
    Currently priced at 1279 Euro including delivery.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204599-samsung-qe55q90t-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-1500-smart-qled-tv-with-apple-tv-app-freesat-hd.aspx

For the soundbar you could check out the Q70T priced at 579 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204680-samsung-hwq70t-3-1-2ch-cinematic-soundbar-with-dolby-atmos-and-dts-x.aspx

You could also check out the LG SL8YG coming in at 499 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204267-lg-sl8yg-3-1-2-ch-high-res-audio-soundbar-with-dolby-atmos-and-google-assistant.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

Hi Kenny
    thanks for the reply and taking the time to have a look... that makes up my mind on q90t :) I reckon I'll hold off on the soundbar, though good to know the options for later in the year on that front. I'll be in touch with yourselves as I get myself organised here for the tv, and thanks again :)
    lampsie

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Kenny
    thanks for the reply and taking the time to have a look... that makes up my mind on q90t :) I reckon I'll hold off on the soundbar, though good to know the options for later in the year on that front. I'll be in touch with yourselves as I get myself organised here for the tv, and thanks again :)
    lampsie
    No problem at all lampsie, thanks for getting back to us!

If you need anything else please let us know!

Kind regards

David

Hi folks

Did another run through here of the numbers... checking to see if any wiggle room if I got the q90t and hwq70 soundbar together? Appreciating you are already competitive on pricing, but if there is any movement it would help my case here ;)
    thx
    lampsie

Hi folks

Did another run through here of the numbers... checking to see if any wiggle room if I got the q90t and hwq70 soundbar together? Appreciating you are already competitive on pricing, but if there is any movement it would help my case here ;)
    thx
    lampsie
    Hey Lampsie.

If you pay in sterling it might work out cheaper for you.

The 55Q90T is priced at £999 Sterling
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204599-samsung-qe55q90t-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-1500-smart-qled-tv-with-apple-tv-app-freesat-hd.aspx

And the HWQ70 coming in at £549 but we have a deal that give £300 off it with code [font=museo-sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]300HWQ70T[/font] dropping it down to £150 when purchased with any TV.
    We have ran out of the HWQ70 at the moment and are chasing an ETA on these and I would need to confirm we will get more before I could take the order on it.

• Advertisement

Hey Lampsie.

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204599-samsung-qe55q90t-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-1500-smart-qled-tv-with-apple-tv-app-freesat-hd.aspx

And the HWQ70 coming in at £549 but we have a deal that give £300 off it with code [font=museo-sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]300HWQ70T[/font] dropping it down to £150 when purchased with any TV.
    We have ran out of the HWQ70 at the moment and are chasing an ETA on these and I would need to confirm we will get more before I could take the order on it.

Hi Kenny
    thanks so much for the reply... wow that soundbar offer would be perfect! I'm OK to hold on for sure until you can get a bead on the stock :) would it be possible to let me know if/when that comes through and I'll place the order?
    cheers
    lampsie

Hey Lampsie.

Hi Kenny
    thanks so much for the reply... wow that soundbar offer would be perfect! I'm OK to hold on for sure until you can get a bead on the stock :) would it be possible to let me know if/when that comes through and I'll place the order?
    cheers
    lampsie
    Hey Lampsie.

I'll see if I can find anything out over the weekend but with the Easter Holidays its more likely to be next Tuesday or Wednesday before i get an update.

Have a good weekend :)

Hey Lampsie.

Hi Kenny
    cheers
    lampsie
    Hey Lampsie.

I'll see if I can find anything out over the weekend but with the Easter Holidays its more likely to be next Tuesday or Wednesday before i get an update.

Hi Kenny,

Hope all good there :)Just a quick check in to see if any joy on stock for the soundbar since?

Thanks a mil,
    lampsie

Hey Lampsie.

Hi Kenny
    cheers
    lampsie
    Hey Lampsie.

Hi Kenny,

Hope all good there :)Just a quick check in to see if any joy on stock for the soundbar since?

Thanks a mil,
    lampsie
    Hi Lampsie,

Thanks for getting back to us!

Unfortunately we're still out of stock of the HWQ70 with no ETA for new stock.

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

Many thanks for the update, appreciated :)

Wondering, is the Samsung offer available with any of their other soundbars currently in stock, going up the range?

Kind regards,
    Aengus

• Advertisement

Hi David,

Many thanks for the update, appreciated :)

Wondering, is the Samsung offer available with any of their other soundbars currently in stock, going up the range?

Kind regards,
    Aengus
    Thanks for getting back to me Aengus!

You can get £300 off the HWQ800T as well but we are showing extremely low stock of this one!

There's also £400 off the HW-Q950T and this is currently in stock!

Kind regards

David

You can get £300 off the HWQ800T as well but we are showing extremely low stock of this one!

Kind regards

David

Hi David
    thanks again for the reply and checking into that, appreciated! I think the HWQ800T is the way to go for sure, so I'm happy to fire ahead with the q90t and HWQ800T with the offer on the soundbar :) let me know what's the best way to place the order and I'll be in touch :)
    thanks
    lampsie

Kind regards

David

Hi David
    thanks again for the reply and checking into that, appreciated! I think the HWQ800T is the way to go for sure, so I'm happy to fire ahead with the q90t and HWQ800T with the offer on the soundbar :) let me know what's the best way to place the order and I'll be in touch :)
    thanks
    lampsie
    Hi lampsie,

If you PM us across your details we can get that processed for you -we just need to confirm stock with the warehouse!

Kind regards

David

Hi lampsie,

If you PM us across your details we can get that processed for you -we just need to confirm stock with the warehouse!

Kind regards

David

Pm sent thanks :)

Hi lampsie,

Kind regards

David

Pm sent thanks :)
    Hey Lampsie.

I'll give David a poke this morning to get your order sorted :)

Hey Lampsie.

Hi Kenny
    Thanks very much, standing by for the call :)

Hey Lampsie.

Hi Kenny
    Thanks very much, standing by for the call :)
    Hey Lampsie.

Hopefully he has called you by now :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.