Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cabling running across garden/house, how to find who owns it?

• 29-03-2021 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

A few years ago an engineer called to the house and asked would I mind if they laid cable under my side garden grass and dig under the side driveway and over my house to enable cable to the estate.

My house is the 1st in the line in the estate. I said no probs at the time and signed off on it. I didn't want to stop progress. Nothing was offered in way of compensation.

Now over time the garden has sunk where they laid the cable and I want to know who I can call to fix it.

Problem is that I cant remember what company came to do the work and there are no labels on the cable or box. see photo attached.

Anyone know how I can locate the vendor (Eir, Virgin etc?) and how to contact them to come out and look at the sunken channel where the cable was lain in the garden?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

That's a Coaxial junction box so would most likely be Virgin. Contact support via phone or WhatsApp is prob your first port of call.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,003 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

If all else fails then you could disconnect and see who comes calling around...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

GreeBo wrote: »

Yes, Cut off peoples internet when folk are working from home in a pandemic to find out who will fix a slight garden subsidence... Brilliant suggestion

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

GreeBo wrote: »

the scream test

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BopperSnr

That's a Coaxial junction box so would most likely be Virgin. Contact support via phone or WhatsApp is prob your first port of call.

Thanks. I’ll try them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,003 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Yes, Cut off peoples internet when folk are working from home in a pandemic to find out who will fix a slight garden subsidence... Brilliant suggestion

Wow, thats terrible. Who suggested cutting them off? I want to put that user on ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Virgin Media 100%.

Advertisement