Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

removing unread message alert

Options
  • 29-03-2021 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, can you tell me how to remove "unread message alert" from the app ?It constantly shows I have 1 unread message which is not the case.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi Tony, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

Can we ask is this only on your mobile app? Or is the same notification there when you log on to Banking 365 through a web browser as well? 

Can we also ask have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app on your phone? Hopefully that should help. 

Thanks, Eve 

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Hi Eve , its on both the app (old and new) and the web browser

Can we ask is this only on your mobile app? Or is the same notification there when you log on to Banking 365 through a web browser as well? 

Can we also ask have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app on your phone? Hopefully that should help. 

Thanks, Eve 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Tony wrote: »

Thanks, Eve 
    Thanks for getting back to us. Can we ask did deleting and reinstalling the app help?

Thanks, 
    Richard

Thanks, Eve 
    Thanks for getting back to us. Can we ask did deleting and reinstalling the app help?

Thanks, 
    Richard
    Hi Richard, deleting an re installing made no difference, as I mentioned it is on the desktop site also and was on the old app too.

Thanks for getting back to us Tony, 

Can we ask have you recently send a secure message using the app?

Thanks,
    Richard

• Advertisement

Thanks,
    Richard
    Hi Richard , no I have not sent a secure message for quite some time ie early last year if memory serves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Thanks,
    Richard
    Hi Richard , no I have not sent a secure message for quite some time ie early last year if memory serves
    Thanks for your replies Tony. In this instance, we would suggest sending a secure message through the app and our colleagues will escalate this with our support team for investigation.

Thanks
    Tara

Thanks,
    Richard
    Thanks for your replies Tony. In this instance, we would suggest sending a secure message through the app and our colleagues will escalate this with our support team for investigation.

Thanks
    Tara
    Tara with respect I have done that in the past and received no reply or resolution which is why I posted on this forum . Perhaps you could ask your colleagues to contact me via PM

Hi Tony,

Apologies, we were not aware that you've already raised this through 365. If you can please send us a PM here with the Reference number from the message you sent that wasn't responded to and the date we can ask our colleagues to respond to retrieve the message and escalate this for investigation.

Thanks,
    Tara

Hi Tony,

Apologies, we were not aware that you've already raised this through 365. If you can please send us a PM here with the Reference number from the message you sent that wasn't responded to and the date we can ask our colleagues to respond to retrieve the message and escalate this for investigation.

Thanks,
    Tara
    Hi Tara , Pm sent

• Advertisement

Hi Tony,

Thanks,
    Tara
    Hi Tara , Pm sent
    Hi Tony,

Just to update you, our colleagues have received your message and have raised a support ticket to have this resolved. They did mention it may take some time to resolve but it is now being worked on.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi Tony,

Thanks,
    Tara
    Hi Tara , Pm sent
    Hi Tony,

Just to update you, our colleagues have received your message and have raised a support ticket to have this resolved. They did mention it may take some time to resolve but it is now being worked on.

Thanks
    Tara
    Thanks for the update Tara

Hi Tony,

Thanks,
    Tara
    Hi Tara , Pm sent
    Hi Tony,

Thanks
    Tara
    It seems not everyone is on the same page unfortunately Tara. I received this message on the app with no obvious way to reply

"
    Good Morning,

Thank you for contacting the Online Service Desk.  

Can I ask is the message on boards.ie or a secure message."

Hi Tony,

We have raised this with our support team and responded to your PM.

Thanks,
    Richard

Still waiting on this to be resolved

"Tue 06 Apr 2021 13:07

Please be advised this has been raised with our IT team, we do not have a time frame of when this will be removed."

Still waiting on this to be resolved

"Tue 06 Apr 2021 13:07

Please be advised this has been raised with our IT team, we do not have a time frame of when this will be removed."
    Hi Tony,

Please be assured that this has been raised with our IT Team who are investigating. 

Thanks
    Tara

Still waiting as of 27/04, 3 weeks later , really how long can  it take to resolve?

Still waiting as of 27/04, 3 weeks later , really how long can  it take to resolve?
    Hi Tony,

Unfortunately, this is not a quick fix and we did advise that this would take some time to resolve. We are sorry for any inconvenience this is causing. If you'd like to check for an update, please send a request through Send us a Message and one of my colleagues will check this with our IT Team. 

Thanks,
    Tara 

With respect Tara no one advised that it would take some time. Stating "we do not have a time frame" is not the same thing. It infers that its not really been taken seriously. Thanks anyway for your time , I know this is not your fault.

With respect Tara no one advised that it would take some time. Stating "we do not have a time frame" is not the same thing. It infers that its not really been taken seriously. Thanks anyway for your time , I know this is not your fault.
    Hi Tony,

Apologies for the confusion, we had mentioned this on a previous reply here. Please be assured this is being taken seriously and we completely understand your frustration with this. 

Thanks again,
    Tara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

They actually did on page 1

Poncke wrote: »
    They actually did on page 1
    Yeah I was referring to PM communications but thanks dude.

Advertisement