Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help finding an Area to live in Limerick

• 29-03-2021 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I am moving to Limerick from Galway as I have started to work full time in Raheen Industrial estate, my partner is now working from home and I am also bringing a teen entering first year in Villiers North Circular road and a 10 year old entering 5th class in Limerick educate together in Mungret area closer to Raheen - these are the only schools I could get so they are sorted now , we are moving up to rent for a year with the intention that we will buy if all works out!
    I have no idea what traffic is like to these schools -so I am looking for advise on what area would be the handiest for me ? I was looking at renting around Raheen , Fr Russel Road , Doradoyle and or Castletroy but than I realised that North Circular Road is across the Shannon and is quite a journey through town, but is there an easy bus service to Villiers? I don't see much for rent over that north circular side plus it looks like a very expensive area. Am I better to rent in the likes of six mile bridge / Cratloe / Bunratty and just drive kids in- in the morning - is that crazy traffic wise? I am on shift work so there is little traffic for me but will be coming back off a night shift from Raheen then drving kids to school or packing them on a bus if I can. I really like mungret area as i have been up around that area - is a kid going to villiers every morning from here doable - also he has Aspergers so taking 2 buses and a long walk would be a lot for him - any advise would be much appreciated !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,924 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Do Villiers run a bus service, pretty sure I've seen buses over the years with kids who go to Villiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LiqN2

I am hoping they do , waiting for more information from them re this - just getting anxious when looking on daft as to what's available to rent and how expensive it is - Castletroy has a lot of houses to rent but it's on other side of city, I think Mungret looks good to me. I think i will have to email school ahead of their info pack re bus times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Nice house for rent in Ashbrook near n.c road on rent.ie (near enough to viliers) crazy rent though. Very nice area.

Keep looking at daft everyday not much on it at moment, South circular road is nice too in-between both. Maybe contact a few estate agents?

I know lots of people who commute Clare to limerick.

Traffic is busy all over limerick for school drop off collection but not as mad as Galway though. Will be worse when level 5 is over.

Why not contact schools & ask them about buses?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LiqN2

Yes , was looking at that one today - I have contacted them to check! well that's really good to know that it is not as bad as Galway - gives me an idea, yes have emailed the school and waiting for response , they were supposed to be sending out pack in May but have emailed and explained the situation to get something earlier. Thanks for reply - I am on daft everyday - obsessed!! looks like a bad time to find a house rent or buying ! waiting for Sli na Manach to release prices for new phase - it will be interesting to see how much they have gone up from first phases.
    thanks again for advise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

There 2 on rent.ie this morning log ma gcapall & father russell rd. Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

I see a bus going through Church Hill Meadows in Raheen every morning at 7:30-7:40 collecting kids for school, and I'm sure it's Villiers uniforms on them, so I'd say there's a bus service from this area to the school. That area is right beside the industrial estate too, but there's little for sale/rent around at the moment. Any for sale sign going up around here tends to change to sold pretty fast too.

Ennis Road and NC Road are probably the most expensive areas of the city to rent/buy. If you're across the river by 8AM the traffic isn't too bad, and on school holidays too. Regular winter traffic can be brutal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

An area not mentioned here - fitzhaven square or closeby would be pretty central for all of you. Arguably within walking distance of villiers - definitely an easy cycle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

PM'd you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

martyc5674 wrote: »
    An area not mentioned here - fitzhaven square or closeby would be pretty central for all of you. Arguably within walking distance of villiers - definitely an easy cycle.

That is considered South Circular Road, which has been mentioned and I would highly recommend being in the area for the last 13 years.

Advertisement