Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

StockX for GPUs

Options
  • 29-03-2021 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

Has anybody here dealt with StockX for GPUs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Luck100 wrote: »

Not personally I have not, prices are very steep mind, €1,100 for a 3070, €800 for a 3060, €2,000 for a 3080 and €2,500 to well over €3,000 for a 3090.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Haven't for GPUs, but if it's anything like their clothing stuff it generally tends to be only brand new, and stuff gets checked by them first (to make sure it's not an empty box or a swapped out card etc) and is shipped directly from StockX themselves.

The issue you'll have is there'll be no original receipt for an RMA etc, and StockX customer service can be woeful, and there's no warranty from them. So if something does go wrong you'd be up sh*ts creek as they're just a platform for reselling.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

Haven't for GPUs, but if it's anything like their clothing stuff it generally tends to be only brand new, and stuff gets checked by them first (to make sure it's not an empty box or a swapped out card etc) and is shipped directly from StockX themselves.

The issue you'll have is there'll be no original receipt for an RMA etc, and StockX customer service can be woeful, and there's no warranty from them. So if something does go wrong you'd be up sh*ts creek as they're just a platform for reselling.

Wouldn't you have the same receipt/RMA problem buying on Ebay? I guess Ebay has the reputation for siding with the buyer on disputes.

Inquitus wrote: »
    Not personally I have not, prices are very steep mind, €1,100 for a 3070, €800 for a 3060, €2,000 for a 3080 and €2,500 to well over €3,000 for a 3090.

Sure, GPU prices are high everywhere. At least these are transactable prices and you can see the trades being posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Wouldn't you have the same receipt/RMA problem buying on Ebay? I guess Ebay has the reputation for siding with the buyer on disputes.

PayPal is the main difference for eBay, 9/10 times they'll side with the buyer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Sure, GPU prices are high everywhere. At least these are transactable prices and you can see the trades being posted.

You are way better off buying a pre-built and selling what you don't want. €2,999.99 for the below spec from dell versus €2,000 for the same GPU off of StockX. It's a no brainer!

oqZvL0B.png

Not impressed so far. I can't even enter a shipping address that it will accept as valid!

Advertisement