Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waste water treatment system issue.... Please help!

• 29-03-2021 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Hoping for some advice here. I have a puraflo waste water treatment system with a raised percolation area. Recently I had to change the pump in the chamber beside the septic tank. However I've also noticed that the septic tank is filling up again and again. As if the pump can't get the effluent up to the percolation bed. The pump was a high quality one, costing around 600 euro. I'm wondering now if the percolation area is failing and the water has no where to go? There are only two of us in the house and it's 15 years old Its really bothering me now because I'm scared of the cost of any substantial repairs. My wife and I are both on reduced salaries because of restrictions and our savings have taken a battering. I was thinking of getting the high pressure jet wash through the percolation area to see if that helps with the pipes, but I'm only guessing that that might be the issue. Can anyone advise??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Did you enter into a yearly service contract when the system was installed/ when was it last serviced?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Did you enter into a yearly service contract when the system was installed/ when was it last serviced?

No servicing contract apart from the first two years. Septic tank emptied every 18 months. Seems to be plenty of peat media up in the percolation chambers.

Advertisement