Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Chauvin murder trial (George Floyd)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

MrStuffins wrote: »
    What are the bets that those calling for this guy to get away with this killing are the same lads who want no Covid restrictions, call Trump the greatest US President, spend a lot of time talking about immigration and use the term "woke" a lot?

Oh yeah?
    Jerrykay6 wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be fantastic if the woke crowd showed as much compassion to the innocent victims of career criminals as they do to the actual career criminals.

That's a bingo!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,994 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Typical.. a very similar narrative to our own St George case, where people would also argue what happened before hand and his numerous attempts to stab officers on the scene are irrelevant. You just can't argue with smooth brains like this, it's a waste of energy.

Every case if different. We know that George was put in cuffs straight away and was in no way a danger to anyone, least not 5 armed cops

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

The court filing says the child tried to talk with officers about his mother, but they yelled at him to stand up. The officers quickly grabbed him and Chauvin hit the child in the head with his flashlight.

Two seconds later, Chauvin grabbed the boy’s throat and struck him again in the head with the flashlight.

“The child cried out that they were hurting him, and to stop, and called out ‘mom,’” according to the filing.

Chauvin applied a neck restraint, causing the child to temporarily pass out and fall to the ground. The officers placed him in the prone position and handcuffed him behind his back while his mother pleaded with the officers not to kill her son and told her son to stop resisting.

“About a minute after going to the ground, the child began repeatedly telling the officers that he could not breathe, and his mother told Chauvin to take his knee off her son,” prosecutors wrote. They added that the mother asked Chauvin to take his knee off her son four times because her son couldn’t breathe, but that Chauvin maintained his position and replied that her son, who Chauvin described as 6 feet, 2 inches tall and at least 240 pounds, was “a big guy.”

Prosecutors say the body camera footage showed Chauvin was kneeling on the 14-year-old boy’s back for a total of 17 minutes despite repeated requests by the teenager to turn him on his back because he couldn’t breathe.

if this is true...then kneeling on george floyd for 9 minutes would not have caused his death directly..its clear drugs played a huge role in his death.

drugs he ingested were put in autopsy results as very high, high enough to cause the health issues he died from

Wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Every case if different. We know that George was put in cuffs straight away and was in no way a danger to anyone, least not 5 armed cops

Of course a man is dangerous even when cuffed, many a correctional officer and police officer has died at the hands of a perp....

• Advertisement

I guess it must be cops on here defending cops, as they do. Hope Chauvin rots in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Nozebleed wrote: »
    The court filing says the child tried to talk with officers about his mother, but they yelled at him to stand up. The officers quickly grabbed him and Chauvin hit the child in the head with his flashlight.

Two seconds later, Chauvin grabbed the boy’s throat and struck him again in the head with the flashlight.

“The child cried out that they were hurting him, and to stop, and called out ‘mom,’” according to the filing.

Chauvin applied a neck restraint, causing the child to temporarily pass out and fall to the ground. The officers placed him in the prone position and handcuffed him behind his back while his mother pleaded with the officers not to kill her son and told her son to stop resisting.

“About a minute after going to the ground, the child began repeatedly telling the officers that he could not breathe, and his mother told Chauvin to take his knee off her son,” prosecutors wrote. They added that the mother asked Chauvin to take his knee off her son four times because her son couldn’t breathe, but that Chauvin maintained his position and replied that her son, who Chauvin described as 6 feet, 2 inches tall and at least 240 pounds, was “a big guy.”

Prosecutors say the body camera footage showed Chauvin was kneeling on the 14-year-old boy’s back for a total of 17 minutes despite repeated requests by the teenager to turn him on his back because he couldn’t breathe.

if this is true...then kneeling on george floyd for 9 minutes would not have caused his death directly..its clear drugs played a huge role in his death.

Why?

The kid was 14, Floyd was 46 a 32 year difference, that's like saying kneeling on a 50 year old would be the same as kneeling on an 82 year old.

I guess it must be cops on here defending cops, as they do. Hope Chauvin rots in prison.

I laughed.....

Of course a man is dangerous even when cuffed, many a correctional officer and police officer has died at the hands of a perp....

Not when the perp is fave down and cuffed, absolutely no need for a knee to the neck with that much pressure when a firm hand between the shoulder blades would have had the same effect.

Not when the perp is fave down and cuffed, absolutely no need for a knee to the neck with that much pressure when a firm hand between the shoulder blades would have had the same effect.

But you said a cuffed suspect isn't a danger.

He wasn't on the ground all the time and if you watched all the video available you would understand.

• Advertisement

I laughed.....

You sound like a cop, or you have close connection to cops. On here trying to defend the indefensibly , big man on a power trip trying to make up for your shortcomings. You're a robot, can't think for yourself, a lost cause, no one could every get through to you. If you say water is dry I'd be wasting my time trying to convince you it's wet.

These evil bastardos were unarmed and cuffed, yet killed prison guards....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I'd kind of like to hear of an example of a prison guard or cop being killed by someone with their hands cuffed behind their back.

Care to share?

I'd kind of like to hear of an example of a prison guard or cop being killed by someone with their hands cuffed behind their back.

Care to share?

Look above

But you said a cuffed suspect isn't a danger.

He wasn't on the ground all the time and if you watched all the video available you would understand.

No, I said cuffed and face down on the ground, that's totally different.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Wouldn't it be fantastic if the woke crowd showed as much compassion to the innocent victims of career criminals as they do to the actual career criminals.
    Yes, we would be a lot safer for it....

To be honest social media is an absolute cess pool and creates more of these numpties.

They're extremely dangerous with their mad ideology.

Mod:

This has nothing to do with the topic of the thread, drop it now and discuss the topic or don't post here

Look above

Doesn't say in the video you posted that they had their hands cuffed behind their backs.

You sound like a cop, or you have close connection to cops. On here trying to defend the indefensibly , big man on a power trip trying to make up for your shortcomings. You're a robot, can't think for yourself, a lost cause, no one could every get through to you. If you say water is dry I'd be wasting my time trying to convince you it's wet.

This has to be one of the funniest comments against me I've ever had, absolutely hilarious....

Thanks for brightening up my evening.

Doesn't say in the video you posted that they had their hands cuffed behind their backs.

Many many more, guns taken and shot, you asked how it could happen I've given you a answer.

You do know many of these guys and girls can put there arms down and under and bring them back to the front, guns have been taken and used against officers too while still cuffed to the rear.

One place I would hate to be a cop is America.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Hard to see from the bits I’ve watched what either sides of the prosecution / defense are actually trying to accomplish other than extending their amount of national TV FaceTime.

This entire thing is being drawn out to ridiculous levels.

• Advertisement

This has to be one of the funniest comments against me I've ever had, absolutely hilarious....

Thanks for brightening up my evening.

Thanks for confirming my point

''
    If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet.''

''
    If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet.''

Is this not a personal attack and against boards charter....?

I have not made any personal attacks or called anyone on here a fool.

Very unprofessional.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

''

Mod

If you want to continue posting here, drop whatever vendetta you have with this poster. There is no call for repeated attacks.

Is this not a personal attack and against boards charter....?

I have not made any personal attacks or called anyone on here a fool.

Very unprofessional.

Two questions:

1) Do you believe that Mr Chauvin is liable for the death of Mr. Floyd?

2) Do you think the above poster is a professional Boards message board contributor?

Many many more, guns taken and shot, you asked how it could happen I've given you a answer.

You do know many of these guys and girls can put there arms down and under and bring them back to the front, guns have been taken and used against officers too while still cuffed to the rear.

One place I would hate to be a cop is America.

Yeah you still haven't given me an example of it happening and now you're just telling me how someone could do it.

Yeah you still haven't given me an example of it happening and now you're just telling me how someone could do it.

Seen on cop shows over the years and to try and dig out would be very difficult....

Obviously it's rare but I'm telling you the truth it has and does happen, these thugs will do anything to escape and an officer's life is absolutely meaningless to them and they would do it as quick as you would change a channel....

• Site Banned Posts: 78 ✭✭Jerrykay6

A 6'8 well-built African could do serious damage with a kick if he was let.

Seen on cop shows over the years and to try and dig out would be very difficult....

Obviously it's rare but I'm telling you the truth it has and does happen, these thugs will do anything to escape and an officer's life is absolutely meaningless to them and they would do it as quick as you would change a channel....

Chauvin knelt on Floyd's neck after he was cuffed and lying on his stomach.

Here's an experiment for you.

1. Lie on the floor on your stomach

2. Ask someone to restrain/tie your wrists behind you

3. Ask the person to kneel next to you and place their hand between your shoulder blades.

4. Attempt to get up, please try this and see how impossible it is to get up, Then please explain to us how Floyd was such a danger to the police officer that he needed to kneel on his neck.

Seeing as you can't show me any examples of it actually happening I googled it myself. I typed "Cuffed suspect kills cop" and the first page was just stories of cops shooting cuffed suspects. Murica.

• Advertisement

A 6'8 well-built African could do serious damage with a kick if he was let.

What does "African" have to do with anything? A 5'5 skinny kid could also "do serious damage with a kick if he was let".

Advertisement