Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Chauvin murder trial (George Floyd)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I just hope BLM doesn't burn down Minneapolis if the police aren't found guilty.

biko wrote: »
    I just hope BLM doesn't burn down Minneapolis if the police aren't found guilty.

I'm sure they will be mostly peaceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Or loot or start shooting little babies and kids again.

Anyone following such a crazy movement needs to be shown for what they really are....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I presume what you are saying is that you can only see this through BLM's point of view....

Presumption is folly

• Registered Users Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

CNN want their riots , its good for the bottom line $$$$$

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭penny piper

It's pretty bad to see the Mayor of Minneapolis having to say there will be consequences for people who come to the city to cause trouble because of this trial.....must be going to be a very hard job for the jurors/witnesses.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

It's pretty bad to see the Mayor of Minneapolis having to say there will be consequences for people who come to the city to cause trouble because of this trial.....must be going to be a very hard job for the jurors/witnesses.....

You wouldn't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that there will be mad riots if the cop is found not guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Whatever happens it won't be a mostly peaceful attempted coup. :D

Pretty tough to listen to Christopher Martin testify. According to him, Mr Floyd paid with a counterfeit bill that (in the opinion of Mr Martin), Floyd didn't realise was fake.

According to Mr Martin. it's the policy of the store that the clerk would have to replace the counterfeit money out of their own paycheck so Martin was asked to confront Mr Floyd.

Must be tough for him knowing what he knows now. Due to all of this, a man was sent to the scene who would kill Mr Floyd............. for the sake of $20.

Forget all the politics, the conspiracy theories about "the mainstream media" and the BLM stuff.

The bottom line is, nobody deserves to be killed over $20!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Pretty tough to listen to Christopher Martin testify. According to him, Mr Floyd paid with a counterfeit bill that (in the opinion of Mr Martin), Floyd didn't realise was fake.

According to Mr Martin. it's the policy of the store that the clerk would have to replace the counterfeit money out of their own paycheck so Martin was asked to confront Mr Floyd.

Must be tough for him knowing what he knows now. Due to all of this, a man was sent to the scene who would kill Mr Floyd............. for the sake of $20.

Forget all the politics, the conspiracy theories about "the mainstream media" and the BLM stuff.

He should feel no guilt, it’s the shop owner who set the policy.

• Advertisement

He should feel no guilt, it’s the shop owner who set the policy.

Yes, I agree with you.

He should feel no guilt and neither should the manager or the worker who called the cops.

When they got the police involved, i'm sure they were intending for an appropriate response. Not for the police to kill the man.

Mr Chauvinis the one who should feel guilt.

Pretty tough to listen to Christopher Martin testify.

The store issued a statement that they have never made any employee replace counterfeit money out of their own paycheck.....docking money from employees is also against state labor law....

He wasn't killed over $20. He was arrested over $20.

What killed him was his own actions in resisting arrest and his drug taking, his medical condition and the actions of Chauvin.

The store issued a statement that they have never made any employee replace counterfeit money out of their own paycheck.....docking money from employees is also against state labor law....

If I had witnessed what happened the last time someone broke the law in that store, i'd be releasing statements left, right and centre denying any wrong doing!

I wouldn't even litter!

BattleCorp wrote: »

And he was killed by the arresting officer, during the arrest.

Tomato - Tomato

• Registered Users Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You make it sound like the cops set out to go kill a man...

They did not..

There is more to it than that...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

BattleCorp wrote: »

What killed him was his own actions in resisting arrest and his drug taking, his medical condition and the actions of Chauvin.

Was going to write just this. He's clearly trying very hard to absolve George of any guilt, which is ironic considering his claims of "balanced views" earlier in this thread. Should resisting arrest lead to death? Of course not, but he escalated the situation with his actions, which is common in nearly every BLM case.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

If I had witnessed what happened the last time someone broke the law in that store, i'd be releasing statements left, right and centre denying any wrong doing!

I wouldn't even litter!

Unless you are familiar with this store how do you know that?

walshb wrote: »
    You make it sound like the coos set out to go kill a man...

They did not..

There is more to it than that...

Strange that's how you'd perceive what I said :confused:

If there was something specific that made you think that i'd happily discuss it but i've reread my post and can't find what you're talking about.

Unless you are familiar with this store how do you know that?

How do I know what i'd do in that situation?

Because I know myself pretty well

• Advertisement

How do I know what i'd do in that situation?

You made a post as if you have knowledge of that particular store.....do you?

TomTomTim wrote: »
    Of course not, but he escalated the situation with his actions.......

I've heard this train of thought before but normally it's in the form of "she was asking for it" or "she shouldn't have dressed like that".
    You made a post as if you have knowledge of that particular store.

.......... no I didn't!

I've heard this train of thought before but normally it's in the form of "she was asking for it" or "she shouldn't have dressed like that".

.......... no I didn't!

Did he or did he not escalate the situation by his actions/resisting arrest?

Yes or no?

Yes or no?

As I said........
    If there was something specific that made you think that i'd happily discuss

I'm willing to discuss it if you think I said the cops set out to kill Mr Floyd. I'm not sure I said that and i'm very curious to see why you perceived it that way,

As I said........

I'm willing to discuss it if you think I said the cops set out to kill Mr Floyd. I'm not sure I said that and i'm very curious to see why you perceived it that way,

No, we’ll leave it there.

You are not capable of answering a simple yes/no question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

No, we’ll leave it there.

All those creamy pints that he wouldn't shut up about for months have clearly affected his faculties :pac:

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Do I think that there was any action that was made by Mr Floyd that day that necessitated him being killed by Mr Chauvin, including resisting arrest?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭KeepItLight

Do I think that there was any action that was made by Mr Floyd that day that necessitated him being killed by Mr Chauvin, including resisting arrest?

No.

Not the question that you were asked.

No.

Not what I asked..

And I did not say you said the cops set out to kill

I said it read like that. You cleared that up, so thank you.

• Advertisement

No.

Here's a few yes or no questions.

Do you think Floyd resisted arrest?

Do you think Floyd's drug taking played a part in his death? Even a small part?

Do you think Floyd's poor heart condition played a part in his death? Even a small part?

Do you think Chauvin played a part in Floyd's death?

Four yes or no questions.

Advertisement