Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Chauvin murder trial (George Floyd)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Just had a quick gawk at the rte new website there, and nothing about covid, all George Floyd news :confused: Guess the virus isn't so deadly after all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭joseywhales

There is no way either way you'd get a fair trial when politicians threaten violence if he is acquitted. I am not shaping its a miscarriage of justice but lets not pretend it done in the correct way. Cities will burn if he gets acquitted but somehow it is fair trial??

How can you assert that the trial is unfair without proof that the jurors were aware of the comments of that politician, yet alone whether they personally allowed it to prejudice their decision.

What is your definition of 'cities will burn', are they 'burning' now? If so, does that mean burn more than now? And how can you assert that that is a credible threat as opposed to just social media noise.

I don't think you have proven that it is an unfair trail and you hold the burden of proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Just had a quick gawk at the rte new website there, and nothing about covid, all George Floyd news :confused: Guess the virus isn't so deadly after all :pac:

BBC News has shown nothing else for the last 2 hours.
    Its quite bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,652 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It’s really big news, and it’s 2am... it’s hardly that surprising that it’s dominating late night tv/news?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    It’s really big news, and it’s 2am... it’s hardly that surprising that it’s dominating late night tv?

I know but there is other news like the Super League.

Could give it 5 or 10 minutes at least.

Sky have covered loads of different topics in the same time period.

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    You don't believe in just trials then.

I don't believe in mob justice, no way, and that's what this is. All to please the mob so they wouldn't burn down the country, and that's what would have happened had it went the other way. Just a taste of what will happen here in years to come, without the guns ofc ....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

We do know that, because he's guilty and he's in jail now.

It doesn't matter what you say, a jury in the court heard the evidence and convicted him. Your opinion doesn't matter or count.

You got it all wrong, what matters is that the Burn Loot Murder mobs are satisfied.
    Boston looks safe tonight.

Our Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker announced this evening.
    Massachusetts ready to support cities and towns in case of demonstrations
    I'll tell you what he means by "support"
    He is saying that the National Guard will be called out and put on the streets with there Armored Vehicles and Automatic weapons.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2021/04/20/charlie-baker-state-ready-to-support-cities-and-towns-in-case-of-demonstrations/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

Effects wrote: »
    It says in the manual that they can kneel on someone’s neck anytime they want, when there’s no need to? I don’t believe that, you’re making it up.

I have seen Boston police kneeling on a arrested man.
    From what i have seen, it seems a necessary action.

BTW the suspect I saw was Irish born.

BBC News has shown nothing else for the last 2 hours.
    Its quite bizarre.

Guess this our future, without the guns, where every black person is always innocent, regardless of the situation.

Whatever happened to calling out a scumbag as a scumbag :confused: regardless of their color ? what's so wrong with that ? :confused:

Guess this our future, without the guns, where every black person is always innocent, regardless of the situation.

Whatever happened to calling out a scumbag as a scumbag :confused: regardless of their color ? what's so wrong with that ? :confused:

The fuck does this have to do with a police officer being unanimously, unequivocally, and rightly found guilty of murdering someone?

• Advertisement

The fuck does this have to do with a police officer being unanimously, unequivocally, and rightly found guilty of murdering someone?

Yes, because ofc Chauvin set out to murder the next black man in sight :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

How can you assert that the trial is unfair without proof that the jurors were aware of the comments of that politician, yet alone whether they personally allowed it to prejudice their decision.

What is your definition of 'cities will burn', are they 'burning' now? If so, does that mean burn more than now? And how can you assert that that is a credible threat as opposed to just social media noise.

I don't think you have proven that it is an unfair trail and you hold the burden of proof.

I would define it by the events of last summer, which was 19-30 people killed in protests. ~30% increase in violent crime in many US cities, including murder. $1-2 billion in damages. At the explicit or the implicit level, such events can cause bias.

Yes, because ofc Chauvin set out to murder the next black man in sight, try harder, and stop the BS!

?

I presume you quoted the wrong person? Nothing you said relates to what I said.

? I said no such thing.

Yes you did

Yes you did

Nope. It’s literally right there. You can go back and take a look.

What you seem to be intimating would have been Murder-1. Wasn’t even on trial for that.

Nope. It’s literally right there. You can go back and take a look.

What you seem to be intimating would have been Murder-1. Wasn’t even on trial for that.

Do you really think he set out to murder Floyd?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Yes, because ofc Chauvin set out to murder the next black man in sight :rolleyes:

Not the first time with kneeling complaints. 19 previous other complaints against Chauvin....
    https://www.mprnews.org/story/2021/02/05/that-could-have-been-me-the-people-derek-chauvin-choked-before-george-floyd

I’m not sure if that was part of the trial but it didn’t even need to be. It’s clear as day he killed Floyd by kneeling on his neck. Expert testimony said the same. Multiple experts. Failure to admit that shows exactly what you are.

FatherTed wrote: »
    Not the first time with kneeling complaints. 19 previous other complaints against Chauvin....
    https://www.mprnews.org/story/2021/02/05/that-could-have-been-me-the-people-derek-chauvin-choked-before-george-floyd

I’m not sure if that was part of the trial but it didn’t even need to be. It’s clear as day he killed Floyd by kneeling on his neck. Expert testimony said the same. Multiple experts. Failure to admit that shows exactly what you are.

Nothing to do with the amount of drugs Floyd has in his his system? or the fact he was saying he couldn't breath before Chauvin showed up? watch the whole police footage, and not just the 9 minutes that the bull**** media are harping on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

FatherTed wrote: »

According to the Sun there were 3,000 complaints made against gardai last year.
    There are 14,000 Gardai. So that is 0.2 per a guard annually. Chauvin is 45 years of age. Let's say the complaint ratio is the same in the US as here, and he joined the police at age 20. That would work out as 5.25 complaints. When you see it in those terms, 19 complains doesn't sound so much. When you consider Minneapolis is a city far rougher than any in Ireland, you might nearly expect 10, 20 or more complaints for a city cop.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/6518791/garda-gsoc-criminals-watchdog-derail-prosecution-complaints/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

I suspect there is a bit of mob justice followed by political folding going on in this case. I'm not suggesting the police officer was innocent but the verdict had to guilty no matter.

• Advertisement

Do you think trump ordered an insurrection?

Do you think trump ordered an insurrection?

Trump is to blame for everything, true TDS, these people need to find a new hobby. These muppets need to start to calling out their demented dear leader, instead of blaming Trump for everything

• Registered Users Posts: 21,569 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Trump is to blame for everything, true TDS, these people need to find a new hobby. These muppets need to start to calling out their demented dear leader, instead of blaming Trump for everything

We'll take that as a yes.

We'll take that as a yes.

All cops should go on strike for a few weeks and see how they cope...

All cops should go on strike for a few weeks and see how they cope...

Yes, I'm sure that will improve relations with the public. Going on strike for a convicted murderer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

His first sentence in reply was to mention a knife. Its narrative building and is the same in all of these cases. You don't have to look any further than the subject of this thread. ...

Or the George Nkencho case...

Just seen the bodycam footage, just a few seconds before the shooting and a bit after seems the situation was calm until she came out swinging a knife

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Nothing to do with the amount of drugs Floyd has in his his system? or the fact he was saying he couldn't breath before Chauvin showed up? watch the whole police footage, and not just the 9 minutes that the bull**** media are harping on about.

Yeah he was making up the whole “I can’t breathe” stuff, he could clearly breathe fine.

Funny how he ended up dying of asphyxiation though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Maybe he wasn't lying, at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Mob rule wins out

"Find him guilty or we burn the whole place down"

What a kip America has become.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

They literally went through all of that. Every single bit in the trial.

Derek Chauvin is a murderer.

Advertisement