Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Chauvin murder trial (George Floyd)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Some think his knee wasn't on his neck at all.

Not the jury though.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,415 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Stop being dishonest, you know thats not the reason, the reason is they pretty much aren't allowed to do anything now, that includes reasonable means to protect themselves.

Sure look at them standing by and do nothing while BLM thugs burnt neighbourhoods ...

Instructed by mayors and governors of course to do nothing, to stand down.

you think that the police will stop using force after this? as stupid an opinion as I've seen on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Your posts obviously.

Ok,

Baffling how you did.. but anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

you think that the police will stop using force after this? as stupid an opinion as I've seen on this thread.

Well look at the Makiah Bryant incident, he was using reasonable force, she was about to kill that girl ... now who do the media and BLM demonise ?

of course the "racist" police officer ...

Im not saying they'll stop using force, but it will make them hesitant to act, a split second that in these situations is crucial, this is what will put them off joining the police force, this constant demonising when they - like in above case - are acting reasonably.

Or is it because they won't join cos they won't be able to kill black people anymore ??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: yeah thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Trump is to blame for everything, true TDS, these people need to find a new hobby. These muppets need to start to calling out their demented dear leader, instead of blaming Trump for everything

It's funny because I never mentioned the guy

• Advertisement

You’re not even considering it is far more stupid..

Of course it will make cops think more, be that bit more hesitant and cautious and reluctant..now, that could work out well and not so well, depending on the circumstances.

They’re human beings. These issues do affect them. This is a global case. Huge news..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭Penn

walshb wrote: »
    You’re not even considering it is far more stupid..

Of course it will make cops think more, be that bit more hesitant and cautious and reluctant..now, that could work out well and not so well, depending on the circumstances.

They’re human beings. These issues do affect them. This is a global case. Huge news..

Chauvin didn't act in a split-second life or death situation.

He knelt on George Floyd's back and neck for over 9 minutes. 9 minutes, during which Floyd promised to comply, stopped resisting, passed out, died and Chauvin still stayed kneeling on him for over 3 minutes after his death.

You're purposefully obfuscating immediate decisions cops have to make in dangerous situations, and improper, dangerous conduct by a cop.

Penn wrote: »

He knelt on George Floyd's back and neck for over 9 minutes. 9 minutes, during which Floyd promised to comply, stopped resisting, passed out, died and Chauvin still stayed kneeling on him for over 3 minutes after his death.

You're purposefully obfuscating immediate decisions cops have to make in dangerous situations, and improper, dangerous conduct by a cop.

We all know about the Floyd case..

Cops deal with millions of incidents every year in the U.S.

They are not all Floyd incidents..his case and the protest movement covers many more type incidents.

Not really sure what point you are making here?

It’s not just about the Floyd case. There is a huge movement in the U.S. on police actions towards people...

So, forgetting the Floyd case: cops in the U.S. will be acutely aware of their every move being scrutinised, and for anyone to claim that they won’t at all be affected or influenced by this mass movement, is being very ignorant.

Btw I was watching Chelsea Brighton last night on Sky Sports and as soon as the match was over they cut to the studio and the host was starting to talk about the trial, I switched over to something else, but did Sky SPORTS start lecturing us again on racism ?

Penn wrote: »

No one is defending this guys actions, problem is other cases since have cops being demonized for doing their jobs, this is the consequence of politicizing this trial and giving it a narrative (racist killing) that wasn't true ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭penny piper

Nobody here who posts ever says what they would do in similar circumstances.......... we aren't all "saints "..
    and all this I wouldn't do this/that/other I don't buy..sorry.

Unless you are in the situation as those police officers were in that day you don't know how you would re-act....

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Pythagorean

I watched a recent news clip of masked thugs in Belfast bombarding police landrovers with bricks and petrol bombs. What happened was the police meekly put the landrovers in reverse, i.e. they were acting as punchbags, completely powerless to do anything. If the police are emasculated to this extent, this is maybe the logical outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,010 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Nobody here who posts ever says what they would do in similar circumstances.......... we aren't all "saints "..

Unless you are in the situation as those police officers were in that day you don't know how you would re-act....

Of course I do. I would under no circumstances slowly murder a person.

Maybe that is just me.

Boggles wrote: »

Maybe that is just me.

You call it murder?....sorry I don't think chauvan murdered anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Tork

What do you call it then?

You call it murder?....sorry I don't think chauvan murdered anyone.

Good for you.

But the overwhelming evidence was tested in court and it disagrees with you.

But if you have judged it by some higher bar, by all means tap it out, I'll gladly take a look.

Tork wrote: »
    What do you call it then?

I agree with the defense....idc to argue it .....I also agree that the prosecution Mr.Blackwell was guilty of prosecutorial misconduct....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Makes a change from you "spewing inanities" :) name and shame the "certain folk"?

Reasonable reading comprehension is all that's needed they're shaming themselves you and I and anyone else reading the thread can see their usernames.

Good for you.

But the overwhelming evidence was tested in court and it disagrees with you.

But if you have judged it by some higher bar, by all means tap it out, I'll gladly take a look.

It's only my opinion that's all...you know everyone is entitled to their view...

• Subscribers Posts: 41,541 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

LOLLLLLLLL

dont worry,
    ill make sure today to be careful not to murder anyone in my daily work :D

• Advertisement

I agree with the defense....idc to argue it .....I also agree that the prosecution Mr.Blackwell was guilty of prosecutorial misconduct....

I see. Can you explain that in plain English. Do you think Derek Chauvin killed George Floyd.

It's only my opinion that's all...you know everyone is entitled to their view...

Absolutely, but obviously to have an opinion that differs from an outcome that included overwhelming tested evidence you would need to present tangible factual reasons for this.

Have you got any?

sydthebeat wrote: »
    LOLLLLLLLL

dont worry,
    ill make sure today to be careful not to murder anyone in my daily work :D

I'll take you are a police officer in the usa then? cause that's what I'm referring to only.

Absolutely, but obviously to have an opinion that differs from an outcome that included overwhelming tested evidence you would need to present tangible factual reasons for this.

Have you got any?

lots I've posted on here......... look there was a jury ...they decided ....I'm just saying if I'd have been a member of that jury I couldn't have convicted chauvan based on what I heard in both prosecution/defense statements...we don't all have to agree ....I'm not forcing my view on anyone....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Maybe that is just me.

https://www.police1.com/use-of-force/articles/video-anti-police-protester-undergoes-use-of-force-scenario-training-ucSt7LklFGBrQ8F9/

I'm sure this BLM supporting reverend would also have said he'd never shoot and kill an unarmed suspect. Easy to say from behind a computer screen.

Tork wrote: »
    I see. Can you explain that in plain English. Do you think Derek Chauvin killed George Floyd.

It was plain enough english to me.....no I don't think derek chauvan murdered george floyd......... do you understand that?

lots I've posted on here......... look there was a jury ...they decided ....I'm just saying if I'd have been a member of that jury I couldn't have convicted chauvan based on what I heard in both prosecution/defense statements...we don't all have to agree ....I'm not forcing my view on anyone....

But you did question me when I used the word "murder".

And unless I am missing something he has been convicted of murder hasn't he?

Fandymo wrote: »
    https://www.police1.com/use-of-force/articles/video-anti-police-protester-undergoes-use-of-force-scenario-training-ucSt7LklFGBrQ8F9/

I'm sure this BLM supporting reverend would also have said he'd never shoot and kill an unarmed suspect. Easy to say from behind a computer screen.

That is a wild hailmary whataboutery grenade.

Top work.

It was plain enough english to me.....no I don't think derek chauvan murdered george floyd......... do you understand that?

Do you think he killed him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

That is a wild hailmary whataboutery grenade.

Top work.

How is it whataboutery? It's literally a reverend who was very anti-police, who was put in their position in 3 training drills and shot an unarmed man during one of the drills. He himself stated that the pressure and split second he had to make a decision forced his hand. He'd no time to think of it.

Advertisement