Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Chauvin murder trial (George Floyd)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭penny piper

Tork wrote: »
    Do you think he killed him?

Unfortunately, George Floyd died from a number of causes..heart..arteries...bp..drug use....and restaint...I think it was a culmination of alot factors led to mr.floyd's demise....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Away from the race issues and discontent seeing all the pictures of Al Sharpton and the usual suspects milking every killing reminds me of how much of a gold mine they've made out of this over the decades for themselves.

I'm highly dubious of those people.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,955 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Unfortunately the verdict was guilty. Therefore he is now guilty and it's done. Time to move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,010 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Fandymo wrote: »
    How is it whataboutery? It's literally a reverend who was very anti-police, who was put in their position in 3 training drills and shot an unarmed man during one of the drills. He himself stated that the pressure and split second he had to make a decision forced his hand. He'd no time to think of it.

Well he would fit right in so.

Also How many split seconds are in 9 minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

lots I've posted on here......... look there was a jury ...they decided ....

Did they have a choice?

The court case proved Chauvin didn't kill Floyd yet they convicted him anyway.

I think these people were terrified about being outed as the person who voted not guilty. The mob would have destroyed them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Boggles wrote: »
    Well he would fit right in so.

Also How many split seconds are in 9 minutes?

What has nine minutes got to do with it? I replied to your message that you would "never" kill someone. As I said, easy to say from behind a screen.

What has nine minutes got to do with it? I replied to your message that you would "never" kill someone. As I said, easy to say from behind a screen.

Nope. This is what I replied to.
    Unless you are in the situation as those police officers were in that day you don't know how you would re-act....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Unfortunately, George Floyd died from a number of causes..heart..arteries...bp..drug use....and restaint...I think it was a culmination of alot factors led to mr.floyd's demise....

He died as direct result of his intercation with Chauvin. Chauvin caused his death. Are you seriously suggesting otherwise or are you pulling the piss?

Floyd's health was secondary. It was the culmination of a police officer knelling on his neck for over 9 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

ELM327 wrote: »
    Unfortunately the verdict was guilty. Therefore he is now guilty and it's done. Time to move on.

As sure as I've a small mickey, there'll be an appeal.

He died as direct result of his intercation with Chauvin. Chauvin caused his death. Are you seriously suggesting otherwise or are you pulling the piss?

Floyd's health was secondary. It was the culmination of a police officer knelling on his neck for over 9 minutes.

He was dying before Chauvin ever got near him.

• Advertisement

LoL.

Reminds me of the old Bill Hicks sketch.

"Well it depends on which way you at it, if you play the video in reverse you can see us help the man up and send him on his way"

That's your opinion...

The court case proved he wasn't choked to death.

You have to be a world class liar to pretend the fatal levels of fentanyl in his body are unrelated to his death.

That's utter BS...there are some posters here and I am genuinely wondering if they are completely mixedup with a different case such is the nonsense being spewed.

It was pretty clear cut that Chauvin caused his death. Only surprise is that it took 10 hours to convict. It was pretty clear cut.

LoL.

Reminds me of the old Bill Hicks sketch.

"Well it depends on which way you at it, if you play the video in reverse you can see us help the man up and send him on his way"

Really though...
    Did you happen to see any of the bodycam footage played at the trial?..
    He was having a heart attack or something when they were trying to get him into the car..he was saying he couldn't breathe and thrashing around the place..

It actually chilled me to watch..

He was asking to be put on the ground..they did, and knelt on him because he was still thrashing around..
    The whole thing was just sad..

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Stop being dishonest, you know thats not the reason, the reason is they pretty much aren't allowed to do anything now, that includes reasonable means to protect themselves.
    There's an active thread on this forum about a 13-year-old who was shot with his arms raised, by a cop under the guise of protecting himself.

And yet here you are trying to call me dishonest.

Get ta f*ck.

Really though...
    Did you happen to see any of the bodycam footage played at the trial?..
    He was having a heart attack or something when they were trying to get him into the car..he was saying he couldn't breathe and thrashing around the place..

It actually chilled me to watch..

He was asking to be put on the ground..they did, and knelt on him because he was still thrashing around..
    The whole thing was just sad..

So they knelt on a guy having a heart attack for over 9 minutes?

If he was having an epileptic fit was the correct procedure for the 4 of them to taser him simultaneously?

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    The court case proved he wasn't choked to death.

You have to be a world class liar to pretend the fatal levels of fentanyl in his body are unrelated to his death.

But you see that is not the question.

So let me get this right: "He had high levels of fentanyl so he would have died anyway." Is that your angle?

So if I shoot someone with a dodgy heart who dies...I did not kill them..."Sure they would have had a heart anyway and died".

Sorry buddy, it criminal law does not work like that. You take your victim as you find them. In tort, it is called the "Egg Shell" principle.

Did Chauvin's actions which were excessive and beyond the pale cause his death? Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,415 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You call it murder?....sorry I don't think chauvan murdered anyone.

the jury disagree.

Nope. This is what I replied to.

I would under no circumstances slowly murder a person. Post 2364

You've literally said it here. Safe behind your computer screen.

• Advertisement

How is it whataboutery? It's literally a reverend who was very anti-police, who was put in their position in 3 training drills and shot an unarmed man during one of the drills. He himself stated that the pressure and split second he had to make a decision forced his hand. He'd no time to think of it.

this case did not involve a split second decision.

the jury disagree.
    As I said from the start, we must stand behind the rule of law. I disagree with the verdict but I must accept it as fact.

If not, then we do truly descend to mob rule.

That's utter BS...there are some posters here and I am genuinely wondering if they are completely mixedup with a different case such is the nonsense being spewed.

It was pretty clear cut that Chauvin caused his death. Only surprise is that it took 10 hours to convict. It was pretty clear cut.

Funny, I see some posters on here ...who clearly didn't listen to both sides of the arguement ie. prosection/defense.....only spewing out what they think they should/no little of the case.
    Do you agree that the prosecution lawyer is guilty of prosecutorial misconduct?

this case did not involve a split second decision.

I was responding to a poster who stated "I would under no circumstances slowly murder a person." I was trying to explain that there was no way to know how you would react. It is very easy to blame the police for every shooting from behind a computer screen.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    As sure as I've a small mickey, there'll be an appeal.
    I hope so. Chauvin should exercise his full legal recourse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

seamus wrote: »
    There's an active thread on this forum about a 13-year-old who was shot with his arms raised, by a cop under the guise of protecting himself.

And yet here you are trying to call me dishonest.

Get ta f*ck.

I normally agree with most of your posts and you are someone whose opinion I would respect but I don't agree that the cop who shot the 13 year old did anything wrong.

Chauvin did wrong, but the cop who shot Adam Toledo, I can't see what he did wrong.

So let me get this right: "He had high levels of fentanyl so he would have died anyway." Is that your angle?

No, my angle is he wasn't choked to death.

You can absolutely make an argument he should have been convicted for manslaughter (criminally negligent) and IMO that would be a fair conviction, but pretending he chocked him to death (when the evidence proves he did not) so he gets done for murder... that is just insanity.

I was responding to a poster who stated "I would under no circumstances slowly murder a person." I was trying to explain that there was no way to know how you would react. It is very easy to blame the police for every shooting from behind a computer screen.

and you countered that with an example of somebody who reacted in a training exercise and killed someone as part of the exercise. And, no, I'm not sure how i would react in that split second. I am pretty sure that i wouldn't kneel on somebodies neck for nine minutes and the poster you replied is similarly sure of that as well.

ELM327 wrote: »
    I hope so. Chauvin should exercise his full legal recourse.

Chauvan will appeal but I doubt it will amount to anything....about 90% of appeal cases in america fail........the poor guy is doomed....

• Advertisement

I would under no circumstances slowly murder a person. Post 2364

You've literally said it here. Safe behind your computer screen.

You are familiar with the concept of context, yes?

Advertisement