Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

usb socket

Options
  • 30-03-2021 2:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

I want to wire in a usb plug to my 990adv.. there is already a 12v supply switched above the clocks (gps in a previous life)

I have a quadlock set up so I intend to have the usb c coming from the rather crude hole in the dash that the previous owner made. I want to drag down the supply and hide it internally.

Thing is im looking for a 30w supply. i'm guessing something in around 2.5a will suit me fine.

Im after finding these guys

https://www.pothelm.nl/en/lampa-opti-line-usb-fix-trek-2-or-usb-charger-for.html

But im struggling to find it without doubling the price of postage..

any alternatives?

'hdz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Philipx

Is it something like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Visor Shop Dual USB Oxford Motorbike charger

€40 including delivery to the republic

Have the single version on mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

I don't know if this is any use but I've put it on my KTM yesterday. I had to slightly widen the top of the existing 12v socket with a stanley knife but it's a good unit and even fast charges the phone. The existing 12v connectors on my bike worked fine too.

Screenshot-20210329-184514-Whats-App.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Cheers for all the replies.

Ideally I want something neater to hide inside the fairing or the like. I dont see the need in it being accessible or more to the point in risk of exposure or damage so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,911 ✭✭✭✭listermint

hedzball wrote: »
    Cheers for all the replies.

Ideally I want something neater to hide inside the fairing or the like. I dont see the need in it being accessible or more to the point in risk of exposure or damage so to speak.

You can just take those ones and cable tie it anywhere you like though....

• Advertisement
Advertisement